Ban Appeal:Dakka Git. Admin: Owegno. Reason: Backtalk ?

Appeals which have been closed.
Dakka_Git

Ban Appeal:Dakka Git. Admin: Owegno. Reason: Backtalk ?

Post by Dakka_Git » #255394

Post Content: Ban Appeal.
Byond account and character name: Dakka_GIt/Walter Shite or Untouchable the Mime
Banning admin: owegno
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Telling Owegno to shove it. One Week.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 7:00 am Central Time Zone
Your side of the story:
Here is what happened.

I logged in as a mime and went about to loot stuff and see what antics I could get up. I see some guy welding into places and I follow him and take some costume things + other such bits. He didn't get aggressive or shitty about it so hey cool dude.

Then I see him getting tazed by Sec and figure I'll rescue him. I run up and try to grab him away and get stuck in the brig. HoS tags me and cuffs me. Thats when I start getting the bwoinks.

Owegno immediately accuses me of meta communicating with the dude and his friends. I have no idea what he is talking about and I am not anyway. I quickly figure he was one of the arresting officers. I tell him to shove it and show me evidence that I am doing such while calling him butthurt and he backs down. But tells me not fuck with sec with implication that he will do something about it as an admin rather than the HoS (Who I assume he was playing as. Or at least as another member of sec.) I tell him to fuck off. I am not breaking any rules aside from maybe the "don't be a dick" rule. But grabbing prisoners and resisting non violently doesn't even come close to warranting admin intervention let alone a week long ban.

Relevant screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/FW9I9

Why you think you should be unbanned: This was way out of line on his part. Yes I was coarse and had an attitude, but he deserved it after getting butthurt in game and using his position as admin to try and browbeat me into doing what he wanted in game. I broke 0 rules.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: Ban Appeal:Dakka Git

Post by Owegno » #255403

I was not in the round outside of an event I tried to run. I was wrong about you metacommunicating but I assumed you were since I remember seeing a mime running around the area the people were hoarding stuff before seeing you jump to a member of the metagroups aid when he got arrested for breaking in the chaplains office made me assume you were metacommunicating, which was wrong and I realized that when you pointed out you just got on. However jumping on security because they arrested someone who you had no interactions outside of following them silently is pretty dumb (Or jumping to their aid because you became friends with them in a past round). I was just going to tell you not to that in the future but you just decide to say no fuck you since you seem to believe you are 2cool4rules.
Dakka_Git

Post by Dakka_Git » #255405

Owegno wrote:I was not in the round outside of an event I tried to run. I was wrong about you metacommunicating but I assumed you were since I remember seeing a mime running around the area the people were hoarding stuff before seeing you jump to a member of the metagroups aid when he got arrested for breaking in the chaplains office made me assume you were metacommunicating, which was wrong and I realized that when you pointed out you just got on. However jumping on security because they arrested someone who you had no interactions outside of following them silently is pretty dumb (Or jumping to their aid because you became friends with them in a past round). I was just going to tell you not to that in the future but you just decide to say no fuck you since you seem to believe you are 2cool4rules.
Messing with sec is not against the rules. Don't try and force me to play the way you want me to play by using your position as admin.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Re: Ban Appeal:Dakka Git. Admin: Owegno. Reason: Backtalk ?

Post by Owegno » #255410

Messing with sec is fine, slip them all you want, write graffiti all over telling them how much they suck. But jailbreaking people without actual prior interactions with them in the current round is incredibly dickish. Sure if security arrested that guy for false reasons but security arrested him for breaking into the chaplains office. Cw, I guess I take an accusatory tone when I see people suddenly start trying to free a person they are metacommunicating with (Or I thought were, since I was wrong about Dakka and admit to that.)

Edit: Also let me just make it clear that I banned you since you just said "fuck you I do what I want" and seemed to have no intention of learning not to be a jerk to security for no reason other than its security.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #255413

-This wasn't a jailbreak (absolutely blatant antag behaviour), but rather helping someone resist a detention.
-No one unlawfully died. This is, so far, an IC issue.
-Even if this was awful greytiding, he provides IC justification, submitting to space laws is not in the rules.

If the week ban is for greytiding... well, it's harsh, if it's for backtalking I guess the ban makes sense.

What's the true motive of the ban?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #255416

Dakka_Git wrote:Messing with sec is not against the rules. Don't try and force me to play the way you want me to play by using your position as admin.
:^)
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #255418

capi duffman wrote:-This wasn't a jailbreak (absolutely blatant antag behaviour), but rather helping someone resist a detention.
-No one unlawfully died. This is, so far, an IC issue.
-Even if this was awful committing minor IC crimes, he provides IC justification, submitting to space laws is not in the rules.

If the week ban is for committing minor IC crimes... well, it's harsh, if it's for backtalking I guess the ban makes sense.

What's the true motive of the ban?
I consider running into the brig, disarming security of their weapons and attacking them with them to be jailbreak. I also just don't see the IC issue in trying to stop sec from doing their jobs because "fuck sec", if there were prior interactions with sec or the person arrested it would be an IC issue. I fully admit the ban was harsh, but I'm going to hope Dakka got the point that saying you do what you want when an admin makes a ruling is not kosher and just lift the ban since I'm going to sleep soon. Consider this resolved unless a headmin wants to chime in.