Post by Kuraudo » #26518

Byond name:
Arumashi

Character name at time of ban:
Alexander Herresca

Banning admin:
Ikkarus

Ban reason and length:
Reason: Blowing the shit out of EVA. Was warned/banned many times before for the same shit.
Permaban

Time ban was placed (including time zone):
01/09/2014
Around 17:30 GMT +1

Your side of the story:
I wanted to test the potential of a firebomb + fueltank combo explosion. So i herded several fueltanks and put them in a safe location; EVA was emagged, i got inside, put my fueltanks there and blew it. I expected a huge hole but the area just appeared to be "burned", with the explosion getting past the north side of EVA r-walls.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I wanted to do no harm. I did those kind of bombing tests before but in other locations, in minor proportions and ensuring that nobody got killed.
The bombing was spectacular but i made sure that no characted got caught in the explosion. It was kinda "dickish" in a purely material level (Want a space suit ? Nope. It's gone.) but it wasn't my intention to ruin anyone fun. Plus, the shuttle was already called when the explosion occured. Sorry if it was seen as a major rule violation, but my intentions weren't malicious toward the other players.
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [Ikkarus] Alexander Herresca - Permaban

Post by Ikarrus » #26693

This would be your fourth IED-related ban/warn this month, and certainly not the first time you used "jihad" as an excuse.

There's no reason you should be bombing parts of the station as a non-antagonist. "Jihad" is not a valid excuse to start blowing people and shit up.

Sorry is not going to cut it this time, you've had a lot of chances already but you really show no signs of changing beyond pushing the envelope further.

You're going to need some extended time off to wonder why we should even tolerate your presence any more.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Post by Kuraudo » #26711

The jihad thing was not an excuse, it was a funny answer to an admin boinking me for a serious event.
I blew off an IED on someone as a disproportionate reaction and got banned one day for it. He was injured. That's fine.
But this incident didn't hurt a single player. I made sure that nobody got caught in that explosion. I find it harsh to get a permaban for something related to a purely material destruction.

I was bored and wanted to try something funny without hurting anyone. I played in many servers in which this would be considered as an "IC issue", here it's apparently not, even without a direct harm to players. I got it and I will adapt my in game behavior according to this.
I guarantee that you won't see any non-antag explosions from me if the ban is lifted. I like this server and don't want to be forced to stop playing on it. I even started to be involved in the forums, suggestions, etc...
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #26752

You destroyed several articles of an extremely limited resource for the station. You opened the area to space, leaving it completely unusable by anyone without a space suit (which you just destroyed half of). It doesn't matter if it never directly hurt anyone, it's still destroying things for the sake of destroying things.

But I will take you up on that guarantee and lift your ban on the condition that I can trust you. I'm going to place an assistant ban on you for the first couple of days you are back, however you are free to play again.

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?