[Izimann] Chief Engineer - freon gas

Appeals which have been closed.
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

[Izimann] Chief Engineer - freon gas

Post by Swagbringer » #269677

Byond account and character name: Swagbringer- Cant recall the name, I was chief engineer
Banning admin: Izimann
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server
Ban reason and length: Uploading a law forcing the AI to have the holodeck emagged, then, as nonantagonist, used the freon there and vented on the station, if this ban is a mistake or you had a reason to do this, please appeal. 3 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-03-18 18:04:13
Your side of the story: I was working with freon gas, trying to figure out how the stuff worked, I had died in a previous round that day while wearing an atmospherics hardsuit. I assumed this was impossible they are supposed to be completely heat proof. I submitted a topic to the tgstation github as can be seen here https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/25239 . I asked the AI to disable the holodecks safeties so that I could get more info on the subject. He refused to unlock it so I uploaded a law saying that not having it hacked was harmful or words to that effect.

The big fuckup was the radiation storm that occured as soon as I turned the holodeck on, I tried to turn it off but got blinded by the radiation. I was trying to siphon a tiny portion of the gas off to see if it was still lethal in the chief engineers hardsuit (It is), but the pressure decrease moved a locker in front of the computer and then froze it. Another thing I learned about freon is that you cant pull objects when it ices over the tiles so I couldnt move the locker. I then ended up freezing to death and the shuttle was called soon after.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a tremendous fuck up on my part, but I really did not mean to ice over the station, the rad storm struck at the absolute worst possible time, I tried to stop it but ended up dying anyway. I am very sorry the whole thing happened.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: [Izimann] Chief Engineer - freon gas

Post by D&B » #269679

Everyone fucking died because it got in the vents.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #269681

D&B wrote:Everyone fucking died because it got in the vents.
I am sorry that I ruined your experience, the radstorm caught me with my pants down and I messed up.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #269683

Alright, I'll lift the ban, but really, be careful when dealing with gases that can cause a lot of problems(freon can be a bitch to deal with sometimes).
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #269684

lzimann wrote:Alright, I'll lift the ban, but really, be careful when dealing with gases that can cause a lot of problems(freon can be a bitch to deal with sometimes).
Yeah I learned that the hard way. Thanks for the quick response!