[Ikarrus] Fragnostic-Disgusting Double Standard/Abuse

Appeals which have been closed.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

[Ikarrus] Fragnostic-Disgusting Double Standard/Abuse

Post by Fragnostic » #28780

Byond account and character name: Fragnostic Ooboongoo Coochoongoo
Admin: Ikarrus
Time incident occured: 13 September 2014 10:58 PM(more or less)
Detailed summary: So before this round, I was an assistant who had filled every inventory slot possible with the admin spammed bike horns and wanted to get my assignment changed to Head of Honkers for !FUN! I run to medbay and HONK a chemist and then fuck off into surgery observation. In runs the chemist and shoots me with a syringe gun. I try to run away and look for anti-toxin and the chemist Walter White shoots me again. My vision goes blurry and I pass out and lose health into crit. Probably chloral, but that chemist drags me and shoved me in a disposal and fucks off and greytides. I adminhelp, I think for an opportunity to be a HONKbot, since I wasn't that pissed but wanted to let the admins know why I wanted to be one, since I got taken out of that round 4noraisins. I told them Walter White killed me , by shooting me twice and followed me the second syringe shot, and had no reason to besides me HONKing him on the chest a couple times. He didn't even try to clone me, and in fact his my body. Ikarrus responds, very politely might I add, that this is IC. I, respectively tell him that I disagree and may submit a ban request and an admin complaint, asking him if this was okay/if he was cool with it. Ikarrus, also very politely says, "Feel free to." I see the round coming to an end (though it lasted far longer), and message Ikarrus saying I'm okay with it and won't complain or make a request since the round is almost over.

Next round, I come to understand that anything annoying is IC and is valid. I'm in the bridge as the character Ooboongoo Coochoongoo and I see a butlerborg. It smashes me with a space violin and I respond by flashing it and spearing it to death, dragging it into maint and fucking off.

Why the hell would you do that, Frag?!
Well, if it harmed me like that, it's not Asimov, and it hurt me for no reason with no prior interaction so it must have some harmful lawset that threatens my existence, so I dunked its rogue ass. Secondly, it hurt me and that is annoying. Like Ikarrus taught me, it's IC and 100% valid, since the Borg provoked it. If it had tried to run away, I would've left it alone. But it didn't and it WAS NOT locked down, it moved. So I shouldn't face any problems, right???

Wrong.
BWOINK!
Ikarrus, which I will say, kept his cool and used a very formal and polite attitude, asking me if we could talk, whenever I had a minute, which he didn't need to do, but did so to be a competent admin, messages me asking me why I killed the service Borg. I tell him that it hit me with a space violin and it means that it is rogue do it's valid and IC. Ikarrus disagrees, saying that being hit with a relatively harmless item is not justification for killing. I allude to my prior case, citing that being hit is with a relatively harmless item like a bike horn is not justification for shooting someone twice with syringes. Ikarrus makes no mention of this and says he's giving me a server ban.

OMG Frag, why are you AdminComplaining?

It's not fair, it's shitty, and it's flexible use of Rule 1 for whatever reason; maybe Ikarrus hates me, maybe I fucked with one of his MEHTAHFRANZ, or he was in a bad mood, but whatever reason possible it's a sickening display of double standard because it's the exact same scenario only I have the justification of the Borg harming me so it's valid and Ikarrus applied a ban. Walter White went without a scold. Ikarrus said nothing would happen to him because what I did was extremely annoying. Still abuse. But it's not like anything will happen to him because I'm just going to get a shitton defensive replies from admins saying that he's 100% right and I am 100% wrong and deserve an extended ban. Disgusting.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [Ikarrus] Fragnostic-Disgusting Double Standard/Abuse

Post by Ikarrus » #28789

The difference in these two cases were that you were being intentionally and persistently provocative in one, and in the other was a locked down cyborg who accidentally bopped your head once.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #28795

Ikarrus wrote:The difference in these two cases were that you were being intentionally and persistently provocative in one, and in the other was a locked down cyborg who accidentally bopped your head once.
Shouldn't have had harm intent at all, only for a good reason. And it wasn't locked down, I saw it move up to me and hit me, an assistant actually helped me flash it. And the other case was me just also bopping a guy in the chest with bike horns that the admins provided so? Is that worth shooting someone with a lethal substance twice, to ensure death. In this case, the Borg if locked down(but it wasn't) was probably rogue since it hit me with a space violin, so it is a self-aware piece of machinery that has decided that it wants to harm it's overlords for no reason or prior interaction. The Borg probably told you it was an accident, but that's not the case. And I ran away from Walter White, but he followed me, shot me, ran away, came back and shot me again. But I ran away. I didn't cause any real damage besides the few brutes for being bumped on the chest with a bike horn. You don't see people killing the clown for that shit and everyone knew that the bike horns were out there, so it's nothing new or nothing dangerous to react to like that.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #28928

Space violin is not relatively harmless, it's 10 force which is the same as a fire extinguisher or a harm baton. So if a borg comes and hits you with a 10 force weapon which should never happen when it's asimov, what are you supposed to assume exactly?
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #28929

You're supposed to remember that you're playing Space Station 13, a 2D multiplayer game hosted on the BYOND platform and populated solely by other players as fellow entities in the game world (aside from mobs). So if a borg does something seemingly rogue, or impossible, or harmful, but it's an accident, you don't instantly obliterate them without any mercy.

See how things got a bit out of hand?
But it's not like anything will happen to him because I'm just going to get a shitton defensive replies from admins saying that he's 100% right and I am 100% wrong and deserve an extended ban. Disgusting.
EDIT: This is the only time I'm going to tell you. Stop this, now. Act like an adult in your appeal if you want literally anybody to take you seriously. You appeal a ban before you admincomplain about it. I see the way you act basically, uh, everywhere in game and on the forums and my tolerance for it is essentially gone.

I'd love to know exactly how the conversation with Ik played out, and whether there was an attempt to warn or say 'be more careful' or whatever that escalated because that's what you get when you don't listen to us, or something else happened, time for log diving.

EDIT 2: To be fair, their conversation played out in a very polite manner. Uh, way more than it usually goes.
RIP
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #28971

Hibbles wrote:You're supposed to remember that you're playing Space Station 13, a 2D multiplayer game hosted on the BYOND platform and populated solely by other players as fellow entities in the game world (aside from mobs). So if a borg does something seemingly rogue, or impossible, or harmful, but it's an accident, you don't instantly obliterate them without any mercy.

See how things got a bit out of hand?
But it's not like anything will happen to him because I'm just going to get a shitton defensive replies from admins saying that he's 100% right and I am 100% wrong and deserve an extended ban. Disgusting.
That's called frustration and it was in response to the other complaint, and I didn't nor want at the moment for Ikarrus to be punished. You'll probably laugh, but I just want answers and maybe an apology.

EDIT: This is the only time I'm going to tell you. Stop this, now. Act like an adult in your appeal if you want literally anybody to take you seriously. You appeal a ban before you admincomplain about it. I see the way you act basically, uh, everywhere in game and on the forums and my tolerance for it is essentially gone.
I don't think it's fair for you to say "I see the way you act" because I don't recall any interaction with you prior to this. You know me by what I say to others, maybe, but it feels kinda of accusing, honestly. I made an admin complaint because I agree that it was overboard and covered by rule 1, I just strongly disagree on how he handled my case in comparison to the same scenario, with no ban time to the player that killed me. I took the ban time, I just wanted to know why I got ban time and Walter White didn't. I wanted answers, and like I said, maybe a 'sorry?
I'd love to know exactly how the conversation with Ik played out, and whether there was an attempt to warn or say 'be more careful' or whatever that escalated because that's what you get when you don't listen to us, or something else happened, time for log diving.
He approached me about the borg killing in a VERY proper way. I mean, far more kindly than he should have, something along the lines of "Hello. Do you have a minute? I need to talk to you about something."
EDIT 2: To be fair, their conversation played out in a very polite manner. Uh, way more than it usually goes.
The adminhelp conversation about Walter White is even better. I recommend checking it out, just to see a great example of good communication player/admin.
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #28972

By the way...does anyone know why is this in Ban Appeals?
I already served my ban time for this, and really I just wanted to know why Ikarrus treated my case differently and maybe get an explanation.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #28986

Your thread was moved here (by me) because you must appeal a ban before you make an admincomplaint about the ban. It's how FNR works, as I mentioned previously.

And no, we haven't interacted directly before to my knowledge, but-

I was going to make this post even bigger and full of more words but let's cut right to the heart of the matter. The way you act in general is not good, please change it, or please find another server to play spacemans on.
RIP
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #29000

As the borg, there are two inaccurate statements here:
Fragnostic wrote:
Ikarrus wrote:The difference in these two cases were that you were being intentionally and persistently provocative in one, and in the other was a locked down cyborg who accidentally bopped your head once.
Shouldn't have had harm intent at all, only for a good reason. And it wasn't locked down, I saw it move up to me and hit me, an assistant actually helped me flash it.
If you have a space violin and you click on someone you will hit them regardless of your intent, help intent was on.
You seeing me move up to hit you was incorrect, because I was following my ion law(which was just stated by the ai) nonmoving, You waked up to me above the bridge.
[Common] Superb-AI states, "%#!$. YOU MUST ALWAYS DANCE"
And I was indeed locked down after your first attack, which I tried to run from, then got lockeddown.

I thought it was revs since you and your other greytider both had spears and a flash, no reason for me to ask you to stop.

Sad thing is you know if i wanted to kill you I would flash you then kill you. It's embarrassing that you think you're right in this situation.
But yeah just clearing up those inaccuracies.

Code: Select all

Ooboongoo Coochoongoo has been attacked in the chest with the space violin by Lunar!
Huangor Chupayotl pets Lunar!
Grimith J Reaper says, "let us on the bridge"
Lunar has been poked with the spear (Wielded) by Ooboongoo Coochoongoo!
You have been locked down!
Grimith J Reaper says, "we can be ready to deal with the wizard"
Lunar has been attacked with the spear (Wielded) by Ooboongoo Coochoongoo!
Lunar has been torn with the spear (Wielded) by Ooboongoo Coochoongoo!
Grimith J Reaper overloads Lunar's sensors with the flash!
Lunar has been gored with the spear (Wielded) by Ooboongoo Coochoongoo!
Robotic Talk, Lunar states, "thEY KILLING BE"
Robotic Talk, BIPPS states, "Unit has been locked down."
Robotic Talk, Lunar states, "Above eva"
Robotic Talk, Triskelion states, "Locked down"
Robotic Talk, Lunar states, "Undser va"
Lunar has been attacked with the spear (Wielded) by Ooboongoo Coochoongoo!
SYSTEM ERROR: Module 2 OFFLINE.
Lunar has been gored with the spear (Wielded) by Ooboongoo Coochoongoo!
[Common] John-101 declares, "LORD NAME I HAVE BEEN LOCKED DOWN!"
Robotic Talk, Lunar states, "Ahhh"
CRITICAL ERROR: All modules OFFLINE.
Robotic Talk, Lunar states, "Oh dear"
Lunar has been attacked with the spear (Wielded) by Grimith J Reaper!
Lunar shudders violently for a moment, then becomes motionless, its eyes slowly darkening.
DEAD: Hades Tapage says, "but no one ever checks there"
[Common] Willy Raiden exclaims, "Oh nooo!"
DEAD: Lunar states, "Welp"
[Common] Michael Name asks, "Why has the borg been locked down?"
Ooboongoo Coochoongoo says, "it hurt me"
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #29013

Hibbles wrote: I was going to make this post even bigger and full of more words but let's cut right to the heart of the matter. The way you act in general is not good, please change it, or please find another server to play spacemans on.
That's why I'm taking a break from playing /tg/. I don't normally act like this, and I usually play as a scientist or something. But just recently I got into playing as assistant and I've been havin all this trouble and feeling increasingly frustrated with administration in general. Call it "Grey Fever" or whatever you want, but I feel assistant is toxic to me and when I come back I'll try to avoid it. Taking the break to see if I can learn to appreciate the good administration at /tg/ by visiting other servers and seeing if I even know what unfair means.

And Lunar, sorry man, but I got freaked out when you hit me and I guess I powergamed a bit by assuming "LEL ROGUE KILL KILL KILL". Had no idea you were locked down, otherwise I would let the AI or whoever handle that. I don't know if it means anything, but I'm sorry for taking you out of the round. I made the mistake of forgetting that we're all people here to play as little spessmens is a spess station and behind that screen is someone else who came to have fun and feels frustrated after something like that.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #29019

This fever of yours is easy to cure using an assistant jobban.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #29042

CreationPro wrote:This fever of yours is easy to cure using an assistant jobban.
I'm not saying I don't want it. I just don't like the way I play the job at the moment. I RARELY play assistant and had no idea why anyone ever would, so I gave it a whirl. I did like it, but I don't like where it's gotten me. Not the job's fault, it's how I decided to play it based on what I felt it should be played like. It's a good idea, to forbid what may be the root of the problem, but the bottom line is that it's my playstyle wih that position and it does have to change. But why was I banned for killing a Borg that broke it's Laws, but I was killed for HONKIng someone on the chest? It's not self defense, it's not enough escalation for lethal force, and it's obvious a grey shirt is playing with a bike horn and when he wants to kill. So why? I really want to know, is there something I'm really not seeing here. I just don't understand.

UPDATE:
played /vg/ and have no idea why so many people from here shit on it
I've already played Goon before(where I started)and it's great, but the map doesn't allow for good interaction.
Played LLA and it's good but the community is a little weird, like they're all plotting something elaborate to get me with
Yogstarion is alright. Kinda of unusual policy for antags, but if you slip, people help you up!

I'm not quiting /tg/, it's just that I need to develop a playstyle and understand to be fair even if things seem shitty/unfair to me.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #29055

Yeah, just take a break then.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;