[Ikarrus] Woross

Appeals which have been closed.
woross

[Ikarrus] Woross

Post by woross » #29120

Byond account and character name: woross / Nikolas Garneys

Banning admin: Ikarrus

Ban reason and length: 1 day server ban, 10000 minutes security jobs ban. Reason: "Summarily decided to execute the Captain for being a changeling despite not having any evidence. Had cuffs on him but decided not to use them. Tried to use a self-defense excuse, but the captain only fired a couple of stun shots."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 10 minutes ago.

Your side of the story: I was the detective. It was like an hour into the round with many reports of changelings. I was with the CMO and a monkeyed human when a man dressed as the captain barges in, and starts shooting us with an advanced egun.

After I got up from the stun, I reflexively shot him with my revolver. The monkey took his stunbaton, and kept stunning him while the CMO shot him with a syringeful of chloral hydrate. I finished him off with his gun. Shortly after, I get banned. Why is that? Because that lunatic who shot us all actually WAS the captain!

Why you think you should be unbanned: I should have stated this a bit earlier: An admin gave me the traitor status before Ikarrus logged in. Now, about that story, look at it from my point of view - Reports of changelings killing people, the captain didn't say anything for quite some time, and a guy dressed as him attacks us with a gun. I legitimately thought he's the changeling HoP who killed the captain. So the three of us did the only possible thing there. The ban reason mentions my cuffs. Cuffing a ling is always a bad idea, because half of their abilities will kill you even when they're cuffed.
Image Image
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [Ikarrus] Woross

Post by Ikarrus » #29125

He was sedated, and you had cuffs on you. You were in no immediate danger.

You also had no solid evidence that he was a changeling beyond mere suspicion. It's not enough to go and kill the Captain for tasing you.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
woross

Post by woross » #29126

Ikarrus wrote:He was sedated, and you had cuffs on you. You also had no solid evidence that he was a changeling beyond mere suspicion. It's not enough to go and kill the Captain for tasing you.
Did you even read my appeal? I was a traitor. Stickymayhem or someone made me a traitor.
Image Image
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #29127

That was me. And it was also a joke. Hence why your objectives were to 1. Enforce Space Law and 2. Protect the station.

You made no mention of this during my interrogation. The reasons you gave me were entirely because you suspected mayyyybe that the Captain was a changeling and that he tased you.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
woross

Post by woross » #29128

Ikarrus wrote:That was me. And it was also a joke. Hence why your objectives were to 1. Enforce Space Law and 2. Protect the station.
I got a bold red message "YOU ARE A TRAITOR". And besides, I was protecting. Against a gun-blazing lunatic.

EDIT: No mention? I thought you always see who's traitor as an admin.
Image Image
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #29145

It shows up on the player panel, and we have a command to get a list of antags. As far as I'm concerned, if someone made you a traitor and didn't explicitly tell you OOC to not follow normal antagonist rules, you are an antagonist.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #29147

Yes, it was a mistake to use that as a joke. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

I still think his excuses are bullshit, but anyone is free to lift the ban this time.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?