[CederBridge] Finlay 3110 - Banned due to being stupid

Appeals which have been closed.
Finlay3110
Byond Username: Finlay3110

[CederBridge] Finlay 3110 - Banned due to being stupid

Post by Finlay3110 » #296345

Byond account and character name: Finlay3110 (ic name unknown)
Banning admin: CederBridge
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from AI/Borg
Ban reason and length: Perma As the AI, refused to follow crew orders while under asimov unless the crew used specific key words or phrasing. Your laws don't put qualifications on the commands you must follow. The only limit is policy, which you haven't read since we last talked about past bad behavior as an AI.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):18:14:24 (GMT)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Pretty much what the ban reason said
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because first off it has been 2 months which is a large time diffrence Secondly I believe I should be unbanned because I have grown more mature and can be trutsted to have a role such as this.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: [CederBridge] Finlay 3110 - Banned due to being stupid

Post by cedarbridge » #296347

1) Have you read the rules regarding scilicon policy since this ban was applied?
2) Can you simply explain why what you did at the time the ban was applied broke that policy?
Finlay3110

Post by Finlay3110 » #296350

cedarbridge wrote:1) Have you read the rules regarding scilicon policy since this ban was applied?
2) Can you simply explain why what you did at the time the ban was applied broke that policy?
1. yES
2. If I remember correctly I would only respond if people said AI await input
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #296355

Right, as I tried to explain to you at the time. Asimov does not contain qualifiers outside of the server policy. If a human tells you to do something you don't ignore that order because of some RP imposed formatting requirement or because they didn't say please or mother may I.

I'll reduce the ban period on the condition that you fully understand the above.
Finlay3110

Post by Finlay3110 » #296357

cedarbridge wrote:Right, as I tried to explain to you at the time. Asimov does not contain qualifiers outside of the server policy. If a human tells you to do something you don't ignore that order because of some RP imposed formatting requirement or because they didn't say please or mother may I.

I'll reduce the ban period on the condition that you fully understand the above.
Yes I fully understand.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #296617

Ban lifted. Lets not have another repeat.