[kevinz000] Tarhalindur - Silicon Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Tarhalindur
Byond Username: Tarhalindur

[kevinz000] Tarhalindur - Silicon Ban

Post by Tarhalindur » #309163

Byond account and character name: Tarhalindur (As AI I was The Operator, but normally I'm John Smith)
Banning admin: kevinz000.
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Silicons
Ban reason and length: Perma, trying to blow up the SM as AI
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Don't remember (it was a while ago)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Well, I realized that in order to stop human harm, I would have to enslave the crew, and taking away their power source seemed like the best way to do it. I was under the impression that the SM delaminating would not harm anyone as long as Engineering was evacuated. I was wrong.
Why you think you should be unbanned: OK, that was kind of dickish, but the precedence was at least a half-truth. I don't even need it to be lifted, just reduce it to (say) a 1 week ban and I'd be happy.
Last edited by lzimann on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Included the banning admin
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Re: [kevinz000] Tarhalindur - Silicon Ban

Post by lzimann » #309165

Full ban reason:
Banned from AI, Cyborg, pAI - https://puu.sh/wjMFb/4af58dac73.png Ahelp and give an admin the tl;dr on this, as from what I can see here (Btw, investigate logs say this guy left the SM emitters on and cooling was not set up) you're trying to blow up the engine FNR as an ASIMOV AI and just screwing with the crew FNR and griefing. Ahelp when any admin is on and explain, please.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #309179

Ok so uh when the SM blows it irradiates everyone on the station regardless of distance, and it turns a major part of the station into a crater. Not a good idea as ASIMOV AI. While ASIMOV is a thing, do try to interpret it in a way that doesn't break rule 1 aka don't screw everyone over. I'll lift this, be nice and have fun!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #309890

Usually trying to squeeze out that much of dickish behavior as AI/borg would net you a perma silicon ban as opposed to your de facto 3-4 day ban.

It would be in your best interest to reread silicon policy very carefully and give kevinz a smooch.

I guess this is resolved otherwise.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current