Post by greymammoth » #316984

Byond account and character name: greymammoth and rivers mcfall
Banning admin: darkgenerallord
Ban type (What are you banned from?): sybil and bagil
Ban reason and length: killed a human as a monster and four days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 22:17:07
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story:
i was a monster and i saw humans. second day playing.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
'oh im a monster now. look at these humans. better kill them'. didnt know about cult teams until i re-read the rules. darkgenerallord seemed unsure if it was me and didnt even know my reasoning because he wasnt even on at the time . despite not catching my mistake, he based this entire thing off of adminhelps and stated he didnt have the motive in the ban message. I dont even know if he bothered to read the logs because the ban message also said "they never said anything from log diving" so he may not even have bothered to find proof linking me to this
not unbanning me will just create an upset player who doesnt go on again. so just permaban me if you dont bother
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [darkgenerallord] greymammoth - not a license to kill

Post by Armhulen » #316985

real reason - Banned from Syndicate - Attacked and killed the cult leader as a juggernaut, seemingly without any reason other than revenge. I wasn't on when it happened, but they never said anything other than 'You did this to me' from log-diving. You may explain your side of the story on the forums.

i think four days is a little much though
greymammoth

Post by greymammoth » #316990

I did explain my side of the story on the forums. Did you not read my side of the story on the forums?
Maybe my language is too nuanced to understand so I will spell it out for you: I am new and I did not know not to kill humans as a monster. I did not know monsters (juggernaut is de-facto name) could be part of a cult. So i killed a person because I thought I was another type of antagonist.
I see three paths from here: unban me, jobban me from antagonist for a while(which is fine), or permaban me. Making me post my side of the story to a forums when the admin was not even on and then not unbanning me is not justice.
I am new and made a mistake I did not know. I learned from this experience and moved on. Let's move on and just play.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #316991

i didn't place the ban, don't get all worked up. i think four days is too much but i'll bring DGL over to talk bout it
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #316994

There were about four or five adminhelps for it, so I took a quick look at the logs, saw that you attacked multiple cultists as a juggernaut without speaking, and then killed the cult master and said 'You made me like this.'

The antag ban was the actual punishment, but I realized you may not actually see it due to it not showing on login. So I used a four day ban to get you to come to the forums. I'll remove the server ban, but the cultist ban can remain for about a week, since your role is shown in giant red text upon being sharded/constructed. Please actually read the large text that occurs upon being converted to a new antag/ghost role.
greymammoth

Post by greymammoth » #316997

I said that because I was a role-playing a monster. Especially when you are a monster surrounded by cultists. Why not kill them? Does Chaos not kill each other? Made sense IC when messages are flying by and you dont read them because you think you are dead but you are something else. I think I said something to that effect too. great forum bait though, I rate 4/4
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #316999

For future reference, team antagonists must work together, constructs are a cultist and thus a team antagonist. Do not hinder your team as a team antagonist, etc. I think this is more or less resolved though.
greymammoth

Post by greymammoth » #317000

yea forget about it
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #317002

If the symbol on your person [top right of the sprite] matches the symbol of other people, don't kill those people.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current