[darkgenerallord]Zarashi - Mostly justified, but hear me out

Appeals which have been closed.
Zarashi

[darkgenerallord]Zarashi - Mostly justified, but hear me out

Post by Zarashi » #321712

Byond account and character name: Zarashi/Sean Best

Banning admin: darkgenerallord

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Server

Ban reason and length: You, or another user of this computer or connection (zarashi) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is:
(MANUAL BAN) Seemingly detonated a BoH as a non-antagonist for no real reason. Somebody forwarded me the logs, I looked through them, everything seems to be accurate. You may explain why you did so on the forums, or you may wait for the ban to expire. Round #73634, Bagil.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-07-22 18:27:49

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: We were in the midst of a crisis, broken station, but lots of minerals. I was playing as a scientist or roboticist that round and was on the verge of finishing my mech. This random assistant comes in and deconstructs BOTH of the devices that build mechs (the actual name of the device escapes me right now) and takes BOTH of the boards and runs off. I chase after them of course in hopes of retrieving the board - I get the news from said individual that he tossed both boards into space. What. The. Fuck. I attempt to disarm the man in hopes of checking whether or not he was lying - we both started hitting each other, and I who got the worse end of the trade and eventually ran off to replenish my health. By this time, science had just exploded and is mostly fucked, but I had my trusty toolbelt on me and restored the prolathe and the associated machines, thankfully, the research levels were kept. I begin building things in hopes of restoring robotics to it's former glory, and then I see him with a extinguisher just outside science's window. "You little bitch!" he exlaimed (or something along those lines). In a sudden fit of rage, I create two bags of holding from the prolathe, ran up next to him, and well, the rest is history.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Because today is the 2017-07-29, and I feel I've served enough time for my lapse in judgement. As you can see, my record is mostly clean, no consistent griefing or anything along those lines. I believe this will be a learning experience for me. Above all, I really just want to play man, haha.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: [darkgenerallord]Zarashi - Mostly justified, but hear me

Post by D&B » #321735

What really happened was

>HoS calls over the radio and tells robotics you are forbidden from making more borgs
>You guys made more borgs and HoS is informed of this
>HoS authorizes the deconstruction of the fabricators
>You disarmed me a bunch of times, O told you to stop and hit you once with my spear to get you to fuck off
>I saw you in RnD and was watching if you would print more exofab boards to inform the HoS
>Called you a bitch boy and you made two BoH bags, singulo and said something about it being time to leave
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #321788

Okay, here's my reasoning on this. A bomb, virus, etc all have massive collateral /as a default/.

As such, using them for no good reason as a non-antagonist often have rather severe punishment. I view a BoH bomb as significantly more destructive than even a maxcap or two, as it both moves on its own, cannot be easily destroyed, and grows. Even if an assistant is being a shit (for a reason or not), this is not a reason to use a weapon of mass destruction.

Your BoH bombing did lead to the shuttle being called as far as I remember, was quite destructive, and killed numerous. The usual punishment for non-antagonist bombing is about a day per person. Not only that, it at the very least heavily damaged Science and the surrounding areas. If you use a weapon of mass destruction due to somebody being a shit instead of just attempting to attack them with something far more controllable, you can just wait this out. Sorry.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #321969

You served ~8 days so far out of 10 so if you can explain a bit better given repukan's post that may shave some time off.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Zarashi

Post by Zarashi » #322122

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote: You served ~8 days so far out of 10 so if you can explain a bit better given repukan's post that may shave some time off.
There's nothing else to explain as everything is covered pretty concisely (in my opinion) in the original post which can be cross checked with the logs. I had a lapse in judgement and just wanted the assistant dead for fucking over robotics when I was so close to finishing my mech, and due to my snap reaction to being taunted by said assistant, I caught up innocent persons in the ordeal. Whether time is shaved off now is completely up to you guys.

Feel free to consider this resolved after you all reach a decision.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #322123

Right I'll unban you now but i'll add a note to be a tad heavy handed on any further situations that remotely resemble this.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current