BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

[Alphonzo] Suicide as a head of staff

Post by BeeSting12 » #334144

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: beesting12/edward sloan

Banning admin: mralphonzo

Ban type (What are you banned from?): None, note and a message.

Ban reason and length:
2017-08-31 21:28:32 | Bagil | mralphonzo
Please do not commit suicide and disconnect as a head of staff if you do not like the gamemode, especially as a role as important as the head of security. Just ask the admin team to have somebody take over your body.

2017-08-31 21:29:23 | Bagil | mralphonzo
Warned - Committed suicide and disconnected as HoS

Time ban was placed (including time zone): See note.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil.

Your side of the story: Something important came up (family matter) and I had to suicide/disconnect. I believe I promoted someone, if not, then I apologize as I usually do promote someone before offing myself. I also had to leave rather quickly after I killed myself so I just said gotta go bye or similar in deadchat and left.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I DCed and suicided pretty quickly because I had to leave fast- as I said, something important came up which I'd prefer to keep private. The dislike gamemode part is incorrect, not sure where he got that idea. It might've been blob or clock cult, and I probably came up with an IC reason for leaving. I don't make a habit out of doing this sort of thing and this is probably the first time I've done so. I'm moreso unhappy about the inaccuracy of the note than the existence of it although I'd like for it to be removed because I had a valid reason to disconnect and I (think) I promoted someone.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [Alphonzo] Suicide as a head of staff

Post by Cobby » #334155

You're still suppose to F1 "g2g" or something regardless of whether you handle it ICly or not.

Also > replacing people in prominent roles

S to the M H
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #334158

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:You're still suppose to F1 "g2g" or something regardless of whether you handle it ICly or not.

Also > replacing people in prominent roles

S to the M H
Yeah, I know, I said it in deadchat because I had to leave very quickly and thought about ahelping at the last moment so I just said it in deadchat.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #334224

I'll let alph explain his reasoning for the " if you do not like the gamemode " bit before removing the note.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #334237

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:You're still suppose to F1 "g2g" or something regardless of whether you handle it ICly or not.
Yeah and admins are supposed to just leave them a memo warning them if its their first time. The rule is meant to discourage people who habitually waste the slot, not punish people for having real lives,
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #334246

Apologies, you wordlessly committed suicide the moment ops were confirmed, so I just assumed you weren't a big fan of the gamemode.

I recall seeing you commit suicide as HoS multiple times before, but that may just have been my memory failing me.

I'll lift the message as it is inaccurrate, but the note stays.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #334247

MrAlphonzo wrote:Apologies, you wordlessly committed suicide the moment ops were confirmed, so I just assumed you weren't a big fan of the gamemode.

I recall seeing you commit suicide as HoS multiple times before, but that may just have been my memory failing me.

I'll lift the message as it is inaccurrate, but the note stays.
I actually rather enjoy ops. I have done that before, but usually lateround, I usually give my gear and job to someone else, and I also adminhelp. This time was the exception since I had something come up that required immediate attention, just seems unfair to leave something on my permanent record for having a life outside of space
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #334248

Well, something should be left there, otherwise no one would know the next offense isn't the first offense.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #334249

okay then looks like we're done here.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #334252

Kor wrote:
Yeah and admins are supposed to just leave them a memo warning them if its their first time. The rule is meant to discourage people who habitually waste the slot, not punish people for having real lives,
This is a note appeal not a ban
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #334269

Guess I am not very bright!
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #334343

As for
BeeSting12 wrote:just seems unfair to leave something on my permanent record for having a life outside of space
See
Do not appeal things you later explained or apologized for. While you may have been pardoned for the ban these kinds of things stay in your notes so we know if it happens again in the future that it isn't the first time. It will be that much harder to apologize for and claim it was a mistake or lapse in judgement the next time it happens. That's intentional. Just because you admitted you were wrong and got off the ban doesn't mean we expunge things from your record.

Again, you can appeal things that are in your note history that are mistakes. Things you made up for or were pardoned for still stay on your record.