EchoGrafix

kpeculier/EchoGrafix

Post by EchoGrafix » #338325

[EchoGrafix] Visha Kirkson - Server Ban

Post Content:
BYOND Name/Character name: EchoGrafix - Visha Kirkson
Banning Admin: kpeculier
Ban type :Server
Ban reason and length:You, or another user of this computer or connection (echografix) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is:
Don't ruin the round for other cultists by admitting you are one and pointing out who the cultists are while you are still culted.
This ban (BanID #31651) was applied by kpeculier on 2017-09-17 10:38:12, The ban is for 1440 minutes and expires on 2017-09-18 10:38:12 (server time).

Time ban was placed (including time zone):2017-09-17 10:38:12 Server time
Server (Bagil)
Your side of the story: After buying some clothes from clothesmate I was kidnapped by Clockwork Cult converter who brought me to Maintenance and converted me there, mid conversion we were discovered by Station Engineer who then called the detective. I killed the converter, and the two already knew I was a cultist, therefore I admitted to being a cultist because there was no point in hiding it. I then was brought to the courtroom where the detective did say I am a cultist, again I confirmed this. I received a 10080 Minute Jobban from cultist, which I believe was fair since it was my first time as a cultist or Antagonist in general. Kpeculier then gave me a 1440 minute server ban for the reason: 'pointing out who the cultists are while you are still culted.' I did not point out anyone being cultist apart from the corpse that they already knew is a cultist from the surroundings. Nor I turned in any other members because I simply did not know who the other members are, I did not say how many of them are left or where are they. The Detective himself said where the conversion took place.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The server ban was given for an invalid reason and does not reflect the actual events that took place, I have never encountered the cult before.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: kpeculier/EchoGrafix

Post by cedarbridge » #338368

I'm failing to see how banning you for the reason stated and banning you for murdering a teammate at the first sign of law enforcement is really different and why you ught this was ever a good idea.
EchoGrafix

Post by EchoGrafix » #338369

I did not murder him because I saw law enforcement, I murdered him for kidnapping me.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #338370

I don't think you understand how cult works. Once you're converted you're on the same side as your team mates, you can't kill them for stuff that happened before you're converted. It's also poor sportsmanship and against the rules to out them.
EchoGrafix

Post by EchoGrafix » #338372

I did specifically mention in the appeal that this was my first time encountering the cult and being a cultist in general for which I already did get a job ban.
EchoGrafix

Post by EchoGrafix » #338376

I do not have any prievious experience with any Antagonist teams or conversions, I do think the Jobban is fair because I did screw up, but the issue is false accusing 'pointing out who the cultists are while you are still culted.' I did not point out any other cultists, nor I knew who the other cultists are. I wouldn't have done so in the first place because I did not understand what is going on. Law Enforcement already spotted me as a cultist and I DID admit to being one, because he was going to kill me anyways.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #338380

I think you should probably read the game rules and precedents.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules

Please note the sections about team antagonists.

You are not allowed to intentionally do anything to harm your team. This includes killing them, ratting them out, or actively working against them.

You are still required to follow the rules even if you do not read them or agree with them, so I recommend reading them.
EchoGrafix

Post by EchoGrafix » #338385

I am aware of that now, I was not aware of this when I was converted, I did not even knew I was being converted, I just treated it as being kidnapped for some ulterior purpose and acted in self defence. Only afterwards realising what I actually did. I did not rat them out which is what I posted this appeal for, I was given a server ban for allegedly turning in the cultists and telling about them, which I did not. Law enforcement already knew he and I were cultists and would have knew afterwards because they looted his body, which they later placed to a crate with three other cultist bodies. Thus the station was already aware of cultist existence. This was my first time ever being given antagonist team or being converted to a cultist, I did not know what to do. Even after I was left at the courtroom I did not say anything else about the cultists. I didn't say their locations, I didn't say names of other members, because I did not know them.
feem

Post by feem » #338386

So, you would like the ban reason/note adjusted to reflect that at the time you didn't understand the circumstances?
EchoGrafix

Post by EchoGrafix » #338387

That would reflect the actual events, yes.
feem

Post by feem » #338388

I think that's reasonable
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #339852

What's the situation on this appeal
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #339861

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:What's the situation on this appeal
it's probably solved considering that the ban has probably ended
i dunno tho

Spoiler:
haha i'm not an admin
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #339935

huehuehue wrote:
ExcessiveJMadison wrote:What's the situation on this appeal
it's probably solved considering that the ban has probably ended
i dunno tho

Spoiler:
haha i'm not an admin
But this is a ban REASON (note) appeal
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #340093

If this is not what you wanted just hit me up in supportbus.