Post by ihatebeingpoor » #346569

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: ihatebeingpoor | Sid Schaefer
Banning admin:togopal
Ban type (What are you banned from?):perma
Ban reason and length:killed a rev during a rev round whenwe an out of implants
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 03:20:09
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story: what i did was wrong and i think a sec ban should be in order
Why you think you should be unbanned: what i did was wrong and i think a sec ban should be inorder
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: ban appeal - ihatebeingpoor

Post by BeeSting12 » #346583

Unless this isn't the whole story, I don't think there's anything wrong with killing a rev during a rev round when you're out of implants. Obviously, I'd need to see logs but as you put it, there's nothing wrong with it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #346593

He should have included that this was a rule zero, because it is. You have some pretty bad history for someone with ~160 connections.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #346596

And really, it doesn't seem like jobbans do much considering you just moved over from your jobbanned account onto ihatebeingpoor. If this is lifted, i'm bringing the syndicate ban with it.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #346598

Yeah, I think the ban reason may need to be adjusted. You also have a note for BoH-bombing and releasing a murder-virus which for some reason doesn't appear to have resulted in a ban. Did anyone ever talk to you about that? If they did that's fine, but if no one's spoken to you about it I'm curious as to why you did it.

Can you give us a list of anything you might have decided to change about your behavior as a result of your four bans since July? Because you copped a warning for doing exactly the same thing that led to the permaban previously and that didn't seem to make a difference.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #346606

This might be more suited for policy discussion, but when did it become not ok to kill an antag, esp when you don't have the normal means to deconvert that antag. Yeh you can hit them in the head and try that way but it's ban worthy to kill a conversion antag now?
feem

Post by feem » #346620

cmspano wrote:This might be more suited for policy discussion, but when did it become not ok to kill an antag, esp when you don't have the normal means to deconvert that antag. Yeh you can hit them in the head and try that way but it's ban worthy to kill a conversion antag now?
I'm wondering that myself.

Though, there are other mitigating factors here and if this is actually a rule 0 ban then we need to track that down too.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #346624

Ban reason really not ideal but what I was told in irc was that he killed the guy because he was in security, not doing anything
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #346638

That wasn't the ban reason I put up

The reason I banned him was due to the following-

-Person A is summoned to the brig, most likely to be implanted to ensure he is not a rev
-Person A shortly arrives to the brig
-Person A is notified that the brig is out of loyalty implants, and is told to wait. He complies, waiting patiently in the brig.
-Person B (Ihatebeingpoor) comes in and tases Person A, shooting them to death because they were out of implants and thus, decides that lethalling them (without even hitting their head to check if they are actually a rev) is the only solution.

All of these events took place when Person A in question was not a revolutionary.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #346640

I would copy and paste the actual reason but I'm a candidate so I can't find the logs for this until next time I'm candidated
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #346643

Togopal wrote:I would copy and paste the actual reason but I'm a candidate so I can't find the logs for this until next time I'm candidated
Full reason:
as security, executed somebody in brig patiently waiting for a loyalty implant because you were out of implants. Has a history of poor decision making as sec, and has done this before.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
feem

Post by feem » #346644

Wow. Okay, yeah that's absolute bullshit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #346663

This will not be lifted