Appeals which have been closed.
Soda_Flavor
Byond Username: That REALLY Good Soda Flavor

[beesting12] thatreallygoodsodaflavor

Post by Soda_Flavor » #353011

Byond account and character name: thatreallygoodsodaflavor
Banning admin: beesting12
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Reason: Banbaiting- Threw IEDs at security and then ahelped after being killed. After I told him it was valid he said this: 12:15:12: Reply PM from-That REALLY Good Soda Flavor/(Vinny Brinigh): I mean like I'm gonna start playing sec and I'll kill people for breaking airlocks if that's ok | and he also said this: 12:14:24: Reply PM from-That REALLY Good Soda Flavor/(Vinny Brinigh): so security can kill whoever they want?
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 9:00 PM EST 11/01/2017
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Must've been Bagil
Your side of the story:

The captain cut my arm off for no reason, so I made several IEDs and threw them at security. It didn't break any tiles, and it didn't even break the airlock. I was arrested and since I didn't have an arm, the HOS lasered me into crit to detain me. Once he got a straightjacket on me, he brought me to the holodeck to heal me. Since I was a skeleton, it wasn't working and he decided to beat me to death instead. I ahelped asking about the HOS who killed me since he could not figure out how to heal me. I get a condescending response: "are you seriously ahelping after being killed for chucking IEDs at sec?" and when I say "yes," I get an unfriendly "lol" in return. He explains that the "general standard" says the HOS can execute someone for anything he finds "reasonable." I respond with a rhetorical question, "so security can kill whoever they want?" and sarcastically say "I mean like I'm gonna start playing sec and I'll kill people for breaking airlocks if that's ok" to emphasize how my execution was unreasonable. If was killed for doing nothing more than damaging an airlock and the floor, why can't I do the same to others? I don't think you can argue that this isn't sarcastic since I don't play security and I was clearly just trying to make a point. I don't see at all how this is ban baiting. I seriously did not expect to be executed for throwing IEDs around. Beesting's reasoning was that if I'm a "griefer," then security should find it "reasonable" to kill me, but if I really am a griefer, then I should have been banned for that and not saying "shit that admins hate." I didn't release any tiles to space, I didn't kill anyone, but the HOS did. Beesting's reasoning against me in the ahelps was shit, and so was his reasoning to ban me.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I don't see at all how this is ban baiting, and from my point of view it just looks like an admin who was acting like an asshole in the ahelps continuing to be one.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [beesting12] thatreallygoodsodaflavor

Post by BeeSting12 » #353012

Logs: https://file.house/1ryz.png

Round ID: 78246, Bagil.

Denied unless a higher ranked admin/headmin/frog would like to overrule.

First off, yes, it is ban baiting to throw IEDs at security and then leave an incredibly undetailed ahelp about that.

>because he couldn't heal me

Yeah no, he killed you because you were chucking IEDs at security, which is totally irrelevant to the captain I might add. If you want to get revenge on the guy who cut your arm off for no reason, then you should probably throw IEDs at him instead.

The standard is that security is not required to follow space law- it is just a suggestion. What is reasonable is obviously not left up to the HoS' discretion, like it is, but admins have the final say on it and I feel like it's pretty reasonable to kill someone for throwing IEDs at them. According to the HoS, it severely injured a couple officers.

The final point I would like to make is this: Saying anything such as "well, you said he can do X so I guess I can do Y now" is something that admins legitimately hate hearing. It doesn't make you sound funny or smart. I'm not banning you for the IEDs or even saying those things, I'm banning you for a combo of banbaiting and then trying to use that argument.

edit: Round isn't even over either.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #353014

If you're gonna assault security you're gonna have to accept what happens to you. Ahelping for it and being misleading in the ahelp is de facto banbaiting. Why did you appeal this? You only got a dayban for something that, given your history, could easily have been worse.

Learn from this, take your licks, understand that if you do shit ICly you're gonna get dunked ICly, and move on.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #353027

admins aren't here to protect you from the IC consequences of throwing makeshift incendiary explosives at the doors of a department staffed by murderous corporate enforcers in a universe where life is cheap
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #353142

I'm unlocking this just to say that please do not ban people for doing the "because X I can do Y??", just reject it, try to explain, or simply ignore it. It's a knee jerk response out of being frustrated because you're unsure why Mr Admin has said you're in the wrong, not to mention admins (myself included) have said similar.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #353144

What I'm getting out of that is that we should ban Cobby
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #353145

Yeah I was the hos, I wasn’t gonna take the time to drag you to cryo just to have you fuck with sec again. And your IED’s didn’t just damage the doors. They also nearly softcrit one of my officers and hurt a lawyer who were in front of the brig at the time. Deserved.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #353146

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:I'm unlocking this just to say that please do not ban people for doing the "because X I can do Y??", just reject it, try to explain, or simply ignore it. It's a knee jerk response out of being frustrated because you're unsure why Mr Admin has said you're in the wrong, not to mention admins (myself included) have said similar.
It was a lot more for banbaiting, the fact that he came up with those two responses were just icing on the cake.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #353148

Yeah cobby he was throwing IES’s at security and nearly killed two people then came to complain after I dunked him
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #353165

Yes I'm not contesting the ban but the earlier post from beesting just needed some expansion. Have a lovely day.
Arianya wrote:What I'm getting out of that is that we should ban Cobby
Except you
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #353392

Bans expired, moving to resolved.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?