[kevinz000] mikeike545 early launch note

Post by mikeike545 » #361854

Byond account and character name: mikeike545
Banning admin: kevinz000
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length: Note for launching early
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-08-09 17:51:47, sybil time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: lmao this isn't in the rules why did i get a note for this
Why you think you should be unbanned: How about actually updating the rules page for rules I'm supposed to follow. Like at best I guess you could say this is rule 0 or rule 1 but that's just neurotic. How was I supposed to know you weren't supposed to early launch? Like this isn't even really a rule 1 problem, they had ten minutes to get there and I shaved off 2 minutes from the launch. I'm basically hitler. Like literally the least dickish thing. Meanwhile assistants roundstart break into caps office just fine.

Early launching is hardly a reason to be noted, especially when it's not in the rules to not do so.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: [kevinz000] mikeike545 early launch note

Post by Nilons » #361858

1. Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules. Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, these conflicts should escalate properly and retribution must be proportionate."

launching without any reason except getting to your next antag roll faster and denying a bunch of people the emergency shuttle is pretty dickish, theres a reason it takes 3 heads approval in an absolute emergency or an antagonist's item
mikeike545
Byond Username: Mikeike545

Post by mikeike545 » #361860

Literally actually just explained how it's not even really dickish but.. thanks for the input, I guess.
Like it's really not dickish.
It really isn't. No one was hurt by my launching early, no one was impeded. No one screamed their round was ruined because of it.

Also also again if you're gonna get on my case for launching early being so dickish when do assistants who break into the caps office roundstart, every round, get more notes and probably banned from the frequency of it? I mean we don't, because we don't care about being dickish clearly otherwise greytiding would literally be gone, but I know that's the claim here.
mikeike545

Post by mikeike545 » #361864

Oh and just in case it wasn't obvious, since I'm aware strawmanning is incredibly common, I'm saying that not only do I not see this as dickish, most importantly because no one else seemed to care, but that even if you did see it as dickish it's probably the least dickish thing that happened in that round alone, let alone throughout regular ss13 shenanigans.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #361866

mikeike545 wrote:Literally actually just explained how it's not even really dickish but.. thanks for the input, I guess.
It really isn't.
Yes, it is. There's also a long administrative history for applying headbans for doing so after being warned so congrats on the note instead I guess?
No one was hurt by my launching early, no one was impeded. No one screamed their round was ruined because of it.
The only part of this sentence you could even approach to knowing for certain is if anyone "screamed their round was ruined" and even that's not an actual indicator of whether your actions impacted other people or not. You frame this as though launching the shuttle early affected nobody in any way. I'm presuming you're rational enough that you don't go out of your way to do things for literally no reason, right?
This is, naturally, entirely apart from the fact that even if your violating the rule didn't specifically ruin somebody's round, it did violate the rule to the point that Kev felt the need to make a note about you having done it. The rule against early launching the shuttle without reason is pretty longstanding and there's no dispute here that you did exactly that. The note reflects that you did what you say you did. The note is accurate.
Also also again if you're gonna get on my case for launching early being so dickish when do assistants who break into the caps office roundstart, every round, get more notes and probably banned from the frequency of it? I mean we don't, because we don't care about being dickish clearly otherwise greytiding would literally be gone, but I know that's the claim here.
You're not going to get anywhere claiming that your violating a rule is ok because something you vaguely define as violating the same rule is not punished (to your knowledge and to a degree you'd consider acceptable for proof, anyway.)
I'm basically hitler
Christ on a cracker its a note not a ban.
mikeike545

Post by mikeike545 » #361867

cedarbridge wrote:
mikeike545 wrote:Literally actually just explained how it's not even really dickish but.. thanks for the input, I guess.
It really isn't.
Yes, it is. There's also a long administrative history for applying headbans for doing so after being warned so congrats on the note instead I guess?
No one was hurt by my launching early, no one was impeded. No one screamed their round was ruined because of it.
The only part of this sentence you could even approach to knowing for certain is if anyone "screamed their round was ruined" and even that's not an actual indicator of whether your actions impacted other people or not. You frame this as though launching the shuttle early affected nobody in any way. I'm presuming you're rational enough that you don't go out of your way to do things for literally no reason, right?
This is, naturally, entirely apart from the fact that even if your violating the rule didn't specifically ruin somebody's round, it did violate the rule to the point that Kev felt the need to make a note about you having done it. The rule against early launching the shuttle without reason is pretty longstanding and there's no dispute here that you did exactly that. The note reflects that you did what you say you did. The note is accurate.
You're not going to get anywhere claiming that your violating a rule is ok because something you vaguely define as violating the same rule is not punished (to your knowledge and to a degree you'd consider acceptable for proof, anyway.)
I'm basically hitler
Christ on a cracker its a note not a ban.
but you're not telling me how it's dickish i mean you're literally just saying 'but it is mom!'. I mean it's not dickish.
'violating the rule' but it isn't a rule. So I mean there's that. It's just not in the rules page at all or at least it wasn't at the time. Unless you mean rule 1.
I mean misreading what I said was fine and all, weird how I literally predicated that in said post but what I had said was, I don't think it's dickish and even if you *did* think it was dickish, it's such a small level of dickish, who cares. And yes I am aware greytide isn't against the rules because with my years of experience it still happens. Constantly. All the time. the heck lol

Also also I've already mentioned how I'm unsure how important notes are considering there seems to be literally no place to see how important they are? I mean I've seen people get banned claiming they had hundreds and some people claiming they had like four.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #361912

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #361952

For future reference please do not appeal notes months ago unless they were done in error (wrong person, didn’t do what note says, etc.)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current