Post by Hackeysack » #363707

Byond account/character name:
Hackeysack/Adolf Hitler
Banning admin:
Daterix
Ban type (What are you banned from?):
The game
Ban reason and length:
3 days for: 1 count Sass-blasting Duratix, 1 count meming as Mr. Hitler, and 1 count revenge murder of a probably rogue warden
Time ban was placed (including time zone):
2017-12-06 11:57:39 (whatever the default timezone for BYOND is, this is from the info I get when trying to join either Sybil or Bagil)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):
Basil
Your side of the story:
Played as Adolf Hitler because I figured it would be kind of funny for a few rounds, spawned in as a shaft miner and was immediately arrested. Sec officers (specifically the warden) promised a nearby borgo that they wouldn't do any human harm, then proceeded to cut off my legs immediately after said borg had left. Detonix contacted me at this point to let me know my memes were stale, and that I needed to let my memes be dreams. Once borgo came back, I OOCed in IC grumbling about "the admins that be not liking my name" and telling the borgo in question to do some plastic surgery to appease the gods and whatnot. This did not please Detomax. Thus, already ass-deep in the hole, I decided to do the only logical thing that occurred to me: continue digging. The borgo took me to surgery, did the do, and there I was: Reece Merryman, ready to go out, become an android and mine the everloving motherfuck out of some ores and whatnot. Whilst waiting at the robotics lab (the roboticist had probably fucked off to maint and died already, as usual) I was arrested by another sec officer for not having an ID, which was taken from me by: yes, the Warden. After that whole song and dance I was released on orders from the warden, who I then threw a screwdriver at (it was lying on the ground nearby). This did not please the Warden. I ran, he followed. I pushed him, stole his taser, and continued running. He followed me to the escape area, where I tased him, stole his shotgun, emptied said shotgun into him, then jumped out the airlock (fucking up in the process and spacing the both of us, instead of just him) and the rest is history. I should also mention that I was exchanging messages with Doritomix this whole time, and hereupon is the transcript:

Admin PM from-Daturix: The meme is old and dead. change ya name, if ye refuse to do so in future rounds you are forfeit to abuse from admins and players
PM to-Admins: I didn't even know that was a meme
Admin PM from-Daturix: Your name is Adolf Hitler, Its like naming yourself Donald Trump as captain and making a wall
PM to-Admins: And that is a problem why?
Admin PM from-Daturix: People only cause shit and its annoy and an old dead meme.
PM to-Admins: Well I wasn't gonna cause shit
Admin PM from-Daturix: Well the name gives us that impression
PM to-Admins: That's called profiling, which is something Trump was saying was a good idea. You guys are hilarious.
Admin PM from-Daturix: Well, point is, change ya name.
PM to-Admins: Why don't you change it, O mighty and powerful admeme?
PM to-Admins: Something you think is appropriate.
Admin PM from-Daturix: Yeah no i dont appreciate the attitude, and i'm not demanding a change now but after this round
PM to-Admins: Well I'm not appreciating having my legs chopped off for using a meme name. Plus I know for a fact you can change my name right now, and weren't you the one who started this conversation, saying it was gonna cause shit? If it's trouble, then do your admeme magic.
Admin PM from-Daturix: If the names not changed next round there'll be an issue.
Your ticket has been resolved by an admin. The Adminhelp verb will be returned to you shortly.
Adolf Hitler says, "Well here's what we'll do"
Adolf Hitler says, "The admins-that-be don't like my name"
Adolf Hitler says, "So give me some plastic surgery to change that shit"
Adolf Hitler says, "And then we'll grease up the old ID thingy and change that too"
Admin PM from-Daturix: Okay yeah no. No OOC in IC bud. Giving you a note
PM to-Admins: Jesus, grow a sense of humour for god's sake.
PM to-Admins: Make sure to mention exactly what I said, maybe someone else will laugh at it.
Admin PM from-Daturix: Check your admin remarks in the ooc tab.
Your ticket has been resolved by an admin. The Adminhelp verb will be returned to you shortly.
PM to-Admins: Can you put the rest of what I said too? Makes it better.
Your admin help was rejected. The adminhelp verb has been returned to you so that you may try again.
OOC: Hackeysack: Brutal.
PM to-Admins: Would Abradolf Linkler work better?
Admin PM from-Daturix: How about a normal name.
[Common] The Automated Announcement System coldly states, "Honkologist The Hitler Apologist has signed up as Clown"
PM to-Admins: OH GOOD LORD NO, THE CLOWN HAS HITLER IN HIS NAME, BAN HIM PLEASE
You have been banned by daturix.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Honestly I probably deserved the ban, I'm mostly just posting to set the record straight. Saying I greytided as a nonantag named Adolf Hitler and spaced the Warden without any context or details is like saying that passing a joint is the same thing as dealing drugs, and that you should receive the same sentence: It's batshit.
You do what you think is appropriate; Unban, shorten ban, lengthen it even. But either way just make sure that whatever note I receive is unbiased, because I'm beginning to get the nagging suspicion that Durtadix doesn't like me very much.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [Daturix] Hackeysack - unintentional contraband meming

Post by BeeSting12 » #363711

Actual ban reason: Banned for 4320 minutes - As a nonantag named Adolf hitler, caused greytide, attitude with admins and murdered and spaced the warden, Take some time to cool down and rethink how you play the game.

His name is daturix, not durtadix detonix doratomix or duratix or daterix. it looks like youre trying too hard when you spell a name wrong that many times on purpose. (and looks like you didn't learn much from the ban.)
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #363712

Very good meme appeal. I see no reason to shorten or lift this. I think 3 days away is sufficent time for you to realize the mistake you made and not repeat the behavior.

Since you finally posted this im going to sleep. Headmins of course may overrule this if they please.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #363721

We don't ban for adolf hitler names or really even ask them to change the name much but we expect players to take the abuse and not complain or retaliate.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.