notaduck1

[armhulenn] notaduck1 - altaccount misunderstanding

Post by notaduck1 » #365297

Byond account and character name: notaduck1, Boris Vladivostok
Banning admin: armhulenn
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game, I'm permabanned
Ban reason and length: Manual ban, alt account of wesoda24, Permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-07-11 19:46:27 EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I think it was Bagil, that's where I usually play
Your side of the story: wesoda24 is the definition of grey tide who almost certainly deserves a permaban. However he is also my real life friend and we were playing it at my house. (not metagaming, opposite sides of the room) and I think he must of been murdering a shitload of people or blowing something up and that is what he tends to do. But I wasn't and I'm certainly not his alt account
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I should be banned for being his alt when I am physically a different person, and (at least I don't think) he's ever played as me.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [armhulenn] notaduck1 - altaccount misunderstanding

Post by Cobby » #365430

Photo evidence
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #365446

Seems plausible. The two accounts are linked by a single IP address that wesoda connected to only twice back on June 16th, while notaduck consistently used that IP address before during and after wesoda used it (and wesoda then returns to his usual two IP addresses)

I also found a round with both of them playing in it (71927, on basil, June 16th) and matched logs showing them doing completely different actions in different places simultaneously (there are of course hundreds of lines more from both of them, but I figure one exact second match was enough to paste)

[02:24:06]ATTACK: Alonzo Rameriz(wesoda) attacked Unknown(chihawks) with kitchen knife(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -502.833) (146,157,2)

[02:24:06]GAME: <a href='?priv_msg=notaduck1'>Notaduck1</a>/(Boris The Russian) attached a the remote signaling device to a transfer valve.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #365448

Kor wrote:Seems plausible. The two accounts are linked by a single IP address that wesoda connected to only twice back on June 16th, while notaduck consistently used that IP address before during and after wesoda used it (and wesoda then returns to his usual two IP addresses)

I also found a round with both of them playing in it (71927, on basil, June 16th) and matched logs showing them doing completely different actions in different places simultaneously (there are of course hundreds of lines more from both of them, but I figure one exact second match was enough to paste)

[02:24:06]ATTACK: Alonzo Rameriz(wesoda) attacked Unknown(chihawks) with kitchen knife(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -502.833) (146,157,2)

[02:24:06]GAME: <a href='?priv_msg=notaduck1'>Notaduck1</a>/(Boris The Russian) attached a the remote signaling device to a transfer valve.
this is enough proof for me
notaduck1

Post by notaduck1 » #365656

So am I still banned?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #365661

Someone unban him please I'll do it myself if nobody does by tonight
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #365701

You're unbanned and ready to go! Let us know if you continue to have troubles connecting to the server and we'll try our best to mitigate any issues. Have fun and play nice! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?