[Stickymayhem] Limski - note appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

[Stickymayhem] Limski - note appeal

Post by Limski » #369642

Byond account and character name: Limski, Bruce U (probably)
Banning admin: Stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): note
Ban reason and length: Executed the captain for recalling. Was told to use non-lethal options in the future.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-11-27 19:56:22 server time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:
I was the Head of Security, everything around the bridge was on fire, all the doors were shocked and the inside of the bridge was being siphoned.

Someone called the shuttle and then the Captain immediately recalled after making an announcement about him declaring his intent to abandon the station in favor of a Lavaland base, I decided to immediately execute him and call the shuttle to provide my fellow crew members a chance at survival because I had no other options, as everything around us would've lead to both of us dying due to the environmental hazards around us.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Had I used non-lethal options we would've asphyxiated or burnt to death anyways, I had no way of reaching the brig to discuss the recent occurrence with the captain as the way was effectively blocked by the fire and the shocked doors.

The captain made a bad judgement call which effectively put the crews chance of survival way lower than they should've been, things DID calm down afterwards, but at that very instant it seemed logical to execute the Captain for putting the crew at risk and declaring his intent to abandon the station and then proceed to quickly call the shuttle.

It was a very stressful situation and I don't think I would've handled it any other way if I tried, it felt like the right thing to do, if it's not please let me know what I did incorrectly so that I may learn from it, thank you.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [Stickymayhem] Limski - note appeal

Post by Stickymayhem » #369702

It's a note. It tells other admins you've been spoken to about this situation recently so they know if it's repeated behaviour or not. You're not having it removed. That's not how notes should work.

You had full access to multiple non-lethal options. There was no reason to outright execute the Captain when cuffing him, taking his ID, or throwing him out would have done the exact same thing.

This was a lenient decision. You outright murdered a Captain without reasonable enough cause, which would usually net you a dayban. Complaining about a lenient ruling is definitely a bad idea.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #369706

I just want to clarify something here, did you really petition an admin to show you your hidden notes just so you could post this?
Limski

Post by Limski » #369708

It's less of trying to get the note removed and more of me asking for clarification on the situation.

Why wouldn't executing the Captain be okay when he recalled the shuttle amidst a station-wide crisis when the station was beyond help? to me that looks borderline antagonistic behavior and why would using non lethal options which would've lead to his death be okay in that instance? I'm having trouble understanding that, I might be missing something obvious but I really can't tell.

I really don't mind a worse sentence as long as I get what happened and learn from it.
Last edited by Limski on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limski

Post by Limski » #369709

feem wrote:I just want to clarify something here, did you really petition an admin to show you your hidden notes just so you could post this?
I know it's kind of shit but curiosity got the better of me.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #369713

Limski wrote:It's less of trying to get the note removed appeal and more of me asking for clarification on the situation.

Why wouldn't executing the Captain be okay when he recalled the shuttle amidst a station-wide crisis when the station was beyond help? to me that looks borderline antagonistic behavior and why would using non lethal options which would've lead to his death be okay in that instance? I'm having trouble understanding that, I might be missing something obvious but I really can't tell.

I really don't mind a worse sentence as long as I get what happened and learn from it.
Executing the Captain takes some extraordinary circumstances. It's as simple as you don't get to decide when to kill the Captain on the spot based on actions you thought were bad. Even the HoS shouldn't be executing people without the Captain's agreement. You don't know why they did what they did, maybe they made a mistake, maybe they had a reason and wanted to repair their station, maybe they were trolling. The point is you can't kill the Captain, as a random dude no less, based on how they want to run the station. If they're directly antagonist (Like lasering people randomly in the halls or calling for race purges) then go for it, but you don't get to decide when it's appropriate to murder the head of the station without a chance for explanation or understand why they did what they did.

You had non-lethal options that were absolutely as effective and excuses about asphyixiation aren't good enough. If he died while you dragged him out that would have been far better than you just killing him right there.

If you can't comprehend why lethal options aren't reasonable in this situation, then I'd advise avoiding lethal options as a non-antagonist in general.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Limski

Post by Limski » #369717

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I understand why the note was applied now.

I will keep what you said in mind in future interactions as a head of staff or any position with access to lethal weapons.
I also apologize for immediately posting a note appeal after asking you to unsecret my notes, I'm aware that it's a very rude thing to do.

I'm very sorry for wasting your time I feel awful for making this thread
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #369723

Assuming this is resolved, I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

Don't feel so bad about making a note appeal, but sometimes its easier to talk to the administrator over the IRC if you just want to get an explanation as opposed to taking it to the forums.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?