[kinglouisxiv] fire3kid - Aided traitor

Appeals which have been closed.
fire3kid

[kinglouisxiv] fire3kid - Aided traitor

Post by fire3kid » #38164

Byond account and character name: fire3kid, Wee Win
Banning admin: kinglouisxiv
Ban reason and length: Aided a traitor for no reason and murdered a chef as a non-tag. Would not respond to admin PMs. (Permanent)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-10-21 20:53:06 EST
Your side of the story: The man I was with was a fellow Cargo Tech, the chef was carrying a lizardman to the back of the kitchen so I thought he was going to be gibbed, I saw the other Cargo Tech trying to stop the chef so I wanted to help. We didn't save the lizardman but the chef came out with a butcher knife chasing the other Cargo Tech, the other Cargo Tech had syndi cards throwing them at the pursuing chef (I knew he had them before but I didn't think he was a traitor since he was using them in the open). That is my explanation for the incident, as for the admin PM, I must have not noticed it or logged before I received them or something, I truly apologize for that.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I thought I was doing the right thing by helping to incapacitating the chef and the non-responsive to Admin PMs I am really sorry for.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Re: [kinglouisxiv] fire3kid - Aided traitor

Post by KingLouisXIV » #38177

Thanks for coming to the forums to explain what happened. I AdminPM'd you 3 times while you were on the shuttle, and since you were still moving around I had begun to think very poor of the situation.

For the future, it's not usually a good idea to go along with known traitors in their escapades as a non-antag, unless you get admin approval. While I realize you did not do this (or rather, was not completely aware), it's the reason I went to PM you in the first place.

Ban lifted since it's been a day. Do no harm.
Mindustry
Byond Username: Mindustry

Post by Mindustry » #38178

Chef here, I told you multiple times that the librarian I was dragging was a traitor. I believe you even saw him walking around with an e-sword drawn and a chameleon projector.

Here's the events from my perspective.

I saw the librarian walking around with an e-sword out, after hearing about this on the common channel, so I went to go chase him down along with a couple other people. We got him down, I picked up his unlocked PDA and took the body to be gibbed. This is the point where you Cargo Techs started chasing after me and came into my workplace. You then started trying to disarm me and push me after I told you to leave. The bartender came over to help me and we managed to push you out and I was able to secure the body in a locker in my backroom. The shuttle had then docked and I went out of my workplace to get on the shuttle where you two Techs were waiting. One of you started throwing syndi cards and the other started hitting me with a mini-hoe. I pulled out my knife to defend myself but was quickly overwhelmed.

I personally don't have any logs, but hopefully an admin can pull some.
KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #38180

Mindustry wrote:Chef here, I told you multiple times that the librarian I was dragging was a traitor. I believe you even saw him walking around with an e-sword drawn and a chameleon projector.

Here's the events from my perspective.

I saw the librarian walking around with an e-sword out, after hearing about this on the common channel, so I went to go chase him down along with a couple other people. We got him down, I picked up his unlocked PDA and took the body to be gibbed. This is the point where you Cargo Techs started chasing after me and came into my workplace. You then started trying to disarm me and push me after I told you to leave. The bartender came over to help me and we managed to push you out and I was able to secure the body in a locker in my backroom. The shuttle had then docked and I went out of my workplace to get on the shuttle where you two Techs were waiting. One of you started throwing syndi cards and the other started hitting me with a mini-hoe. I pulled out my knife to defend myself but was quickly overwhelmed.

I personally don't have any logs, but hopefully an admin can pull some.
Maybe I jumped the gun. I'll pull logs from last night, thanks for your input.
KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #38187

After a quick review of the logs and some assumptions, I'm reapplying the ban for a week since fire3kid decided to give me a bogus story. As far as I can tell, not only were syndicate cards not thrown at the Chef, but you fire3kid were well aware that the Cargo Tech had an energy sword before the attack on the chef. The attack logs show that you and Misted Bait (mattnasty) were working together the entire round. This is unacceptable.