[saegrimr] TyrVanden-Flooding station with N02 and Plasma

Appeals which have been closed.
Tyr Vanden

[saegrimr] TyrVanden-Flooding station with N02 and Plasma

Post by Tyr Vanden » #40913

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Tyr Vanden/TyrVanden
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban reason and length: After being unbanned trying to flood the station within two rounds with N02 and Plasma "to see if it worked". PermaBanned
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Ban was placed 2014-10-31 22:02:49 Central time zone
Your side of the story: i gave saegrimr the exact reasoning behind my poor decision and he handled it very well in a calm manner. I was in fact trying to flood the station because i wanted to see if in fact it worked
Why you think you should be unbanned: yes i do believe i should be punished because i was non antagging and it was in fact unfair to the other player during the round and to the admin who was trying to make the round fun. with that in mind i do wish to write this formal apology because it was wrong of me to be a chucklefuck and do something so dickish to other players. i think is should be unbanned because i have learned my lesson that being a dick to a bunch of people without any reason is wrong and destroys a games that i will admit is a hell of a good time
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saegrimr] TyrVanden-Flooding station with N02 and Plasm

Post by Saegrimr » #40976

I'm kind of conflicted here, as you had just gotten off a permaban for metacomms, like two days before this?
One round was one thing, two rounds in a row to "see if it would work" just looks extremely bad. What did you even need to see would work? If your mix would go into the mix tank? If turning off air and turning on mix to distro would actually do what it says? I just can't comprehend why you'd even need to test it a second round after your first one worked that I didn't have time to investigate immediately. So the start of the second round, I watched. Right from spawning in you go directly for the plasma valve and right into distro.

This might be wrong for me to assume, but one of the other two who were also recently unbanned for metacomms had a previous ban for essentially the same thing, so I wonder if this happened to be a suggestion from one of them.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tyr Vanden

Post by Tyr Vanden » #40990

well for starters i was banned with them because i was in the same room as them and we all were playing, the guy who introduced me to this game was teaching my brother the third guy how to play the game as it is pretty difficult to master. we all were banned because we all had the same ip and yes even the other too will admit it would look suspicious and even apologized for it. Now this was not a suggestion from my two friends in reality it was it was just me, i had heard over the comms that a blob was eating everything so i was actually trying to set the area it was in on fire and kill it, and the second game i was just trying to have it on standby in case the station went to hell, and i guess i might have gotten ahead of myself, i was planning on just having this flammable mix on standby and then dump it into dangerous areas and kill what was ever killing other people, i actually had no idea that i actually did anything the first round.

And once again i am sorry that this all happened and it was stupid of me to do it twice and a row and not actually know what i am trying to do, or even how all of atmos works actually, and i didnt know that it worked until you told me
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #41156

I think a month long atmos tech jobban is due, and that the permban should be lifted and this guy watched. But it's up to you, Sae.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #41182

Sounds good to me. Will log on here in a minute to do so.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tyr Vanden

Post by Tyr Vanden » #41192

Thank you for the quick reply, and thank you for being understanding, sorry for being a chucklefuck