pls no job ban

Appeals which have been closed.
ActuallyUrDad

pls no job ban

Post by ActuallyUrDad » #411361

Henry Stevens - chemist ban

Post Content: I was playing chemist, making burning patches, synaptazine, Chlorine TriFlouride, first time as chemist so i'm learning as I go, you know. use some people as lab rat for some weird fire potion I made, nobody dies.
Byond account and character name: DasCorncakes, Henry Stevens.

Banning admin: again, I have no idea it doesn't tell me and he hasn't said a single thing to me or mentioned anything. I just got chemist banned without any notice or any messages or anything. Could be automated for all I know.

Ban type (What are you banned from?): chemistry, it's not an option under job preferences

Ban reason and length: Reason might be because I threw TriFlouride at someone but I never killed anyone and I was making shit tons of meds and doing my job, no idea what the length is, it doesn't tell me.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): not sure, it only occurred after the round was complete and the round was pretty long, 8am EDT on 18th of may

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: My first time as chemist, you know the usual. experimenting and all that. I accidentally make Chlorine TriFlouride and kill myself and then I got recloned. I continue to learn how to make a bunch of meds and shit, this one guy insults me over radio so I go and throw a bottle of triflouride at him he's fine but super butthurt, whatever it's cool, we hug eachother and move on but I guess someone didn't take kindly to it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was learning chemestry and nobody died, I actually did my job, didn't intrude on anyones work space, spent the round stockpiling useful meds in chemestry like anti-brute/burn patches, anti suffocation, anti-rad, synaptazine etc.

Extra: I've been trying to figure out who did it but i'm not sure who or why really. I have no admin remarks and i'm not sure where this information is stored. It would be great if you could tell me, thanks.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: pls no job ban

Post by Armhulen » #411370

I don't see any bans on your dascorncakes account... uhhh
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #411375

Is chemist subject to job experience unlock?
EvilJackCarver
Byond Username: EvilJackCarver
Github Username: EvilJackCarver

Post by EvilJackCarver » #411378

IIRC OmegaStation does not have Chemist job slots, because of how small the station is. You were playing on Pubby when what you described happened (Rnd. 88113), and then the map changed to Omega (88115).

For future reference, if you were banned, it would show up as "BANNED" under your occupation preferences, as such:

I am not an administrator, I am not claiming to be one, etcetera etcetera
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #411554

I unbanned you by doing absolutely nothing, if you are still banned please spam me over discord or forum PMs
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current