[antonkr] hobobiscuit- harmbaton abuse

Appeals which have been closed.
hobobiscuit

[antonkr] hobobiscuit- harmbaton abuse

Post by hobobiscuit » #42051

Post Content: I was playing a sec officer on sybil, and there was some disturbance in the hop line. When I got there, there were a bunch of people fighting; captain had an e-gun out (set to stun) and was shooting people. One of the shots hit a sec officer, and I (incorrectly) assumed captain was rogue and killing people. I then harmbatoned the captain multiple times, when another player with a stun baton ran over and, trying to protect the captain, ran over and started hitting me. I assumed that that player was also rogue, and so when i recovered I picked up my baton again and beat him to death. I realize that i was the definition of shitcurity in that instance, but I was not purposely trying to grief. Therefore, i believe my permanent ban should be reduced to a Hos, warden and sec officer job ban. I apologize to the player I beat to death, and the captain as well.
Byond Account: Hobobiscuit
Character name: Kelvin Otis
Banning Admin: antonkr
ban reason: Harmbatoned the captain, and then another player to death.
Ban length: permanent
ban Time: 2014-11-08 16:18:21 (U.S. East)
My side of the story:I was playing a sec officer on sybil, and there was some disturbance in the hop line. When I got there, there were a bunch of people fighting; captain had an e-gun out (set to stun) and was shooting people. One of the shots hit a sec officer, and I (incorrectly) assumed captain was rogue and killing people. I then harmbatoned the captain multiple times, when another player with a stun baton ran over and, trying to protect the captain, ran over and started hitting me. I assumed that that player was also rogue, and so when i recovered I picked up my baton again and beat him to death.
Why I believe I should be unbanned: I realize that i was the definition of shitcurity in that instance, but I was not purposely trying to grief. Therefore, i believe my permanent ban should be reduced to a Hos, warden and sec officer job ban. I apologize to the player I beat to death, and the captain as well.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Re: [antonkr] hobobiscuit- harmbaton abuse

Post by Antonkr » #42102

Permaban was simply placed to get you to explain your situation. Seeing lack of previous serious notes, I am lifting this ban now. Please be more careful in the future!
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.