[QuartzCrystal] MattNasty - Acting with honor!

Appeals which have been closed.
MattNasty

[QuartzCrystal] MattNasty - Acting with honor!

Post by MattNasty » #44427

Byond account and character name: MattNasty, Misted Bait
Banning admin: QuartzCrystal
Ban reason and length: Thought it was OK to execute a perma prisoner as HoP without even checking with the captain or HoS. 24 hours
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 21:29:16, EST

Your side of the story: The HoS said he was permabrigging syndicates, so according to the rules:
Lethal Force/Executions
1. If something poses a constant threat, you are free to use lethal force. This includes dangerous nonhuman creatures, changelings, nuclear operatives, cultists, and wizards.

I thought what I was doing was perfectly fine. I know this rule:

5. Executions are to be authorized by the captain or acting captain, if avaiable. If neither are available, it is up to the HoS or acting HoS. If security are in agreement that the captain is a condom, they may skip to the HoS, but whoever that is will be held accountable if they authorize shitty executions without understanding fully the crimes.

But I thought that rule one trumps rule five and so forth.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was banned for "Not knowing the rules" although I know the rules, just maybe a little misinterpretation. I am sorry for this, I won't do this again. I will take the job ban but could I just be unbanned from the server?
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Re: [QuartzCrystal] MattNasty - Acting with honor!

Post by Intigracy » #44428

Hello.

I was the person he executed, though he attempted to execute the others in the permabrig too.

I was put in the permabrig for the capital crime of touching syndicate soap that a different traitor (Wilson H. Stockwell) had spawned, and moving it out of the hallway he spawned it in to put it just outside the courtroom door.
I moved 7 of the ones he had spawned, people got to the rest before I could get them all. It was a full 10 minutes before I was arrested for it since nobody saw me do it, and the detective had to check prints on them (yay traitor item spawning not leaving any residue on the items unless you pick them up). I did nothing else to have been put in the permabrig.

I had adminhelped this and it was being handled when suddenly out of nowhere, here comes the HoP! Out of the permabrig I go, thinking I'm free. But wait! He's taking me to the security office! Oh no, an electric chair!

Fuck you OP. I was a traitor but did absolutely nilch worth being put in perma for, let alone executed.
Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattNasty

Post by MattNasty » #44430

The HoS had deemed you as a syndicate and I had no reason to object. My apologies sir.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #44431

1. If something poses a constant threat, you are free to use lethal force. This includes dangerous nonhuman creatures, changelings, nuclear operatives, cultists, and wizards.
A traitor in perma is not a constant threat, nor listed in the examples for that rule.

You full well intended to just kill the entirety of the perma population based off the assumption that security was 100% right about everything and that as HoP you had permission to do so (you didn't even use the execution chamber, you just made a electric chair in the sec break room).

Denied.

EDIT: I also can't help but point out that executing unarmed perma-prisoners isn't exactly honorable. So your flawed RP reasons are also bad.
Last edited by QuartzCrystal on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #44432

You didn't even know what it is I did to be put in perma, or the other guy you were so hellbent on executing before he was released by the sec officer going with you.

You just decided it'd be funny to take the prisoners and execute them.
Misted Bait says, "Come on"
Rictar Lethlin says, "Whats happening" (other officer)
Sheeva-The-Tail hisses, "Hi captain."
Sheeva-The-Tail hisses, "I was-ss-s permabrigged for touching s-ss-syndi s-ss-soap."
Sheeva-The-Tail hisses, "Pleas-s-ss-se let me out."
Misted Bait says, "We are taking these guys out of perma" (this is what made the other officer with you release the other prisoner)
Misted Bait points to Long-Term Cell 1
Misted Bait is trying to put handcuffs on Sheeva-The-Tail!
Sheeva-The-Tail hisses, "My ss-s-s-stuff iss-s-s-s in that locker though."
Rictar Lethlin is trying to put handcuffs on Luchador Jenkins!
Sheeva-The-Tail hisses, "I was-s permabrigged for touching s-syndi s-soap."
Misted Bait asks, "Ready?"
Sheeva-The-Tail asks, "But my s-ss-s-s-stuff?"
Misted Bait says, "Grab him"
Sheeva-The-Tail asks, "What about my ss-stuff?"
Luchador Jenkins says, "I request my PDA and ID" (this is the other prisoner)
Luchador Jenkins says, "For identification purposes"
Misted Bait says, "Open up"
Misted Bait points to Prison Wing
You are buckled in to the electric chair by Misted Bait.
You feel a deep shock course through your body!
The electric chair went off!
You feel a deep shock course through your body!
... You can almost hear someone talking ...
My mistake for believing you were the captain.

Then you ended up getting the lawyers arrested because one stopped you from dragging Luchador back in to be executed.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #44513

MattNasty wrote:But I thought that rule one trumps rule five and so forth.
AI laws are to be followed in order, for game reasons.

Server rules do not override each other based on their entry.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.