[Dorsidwarf]TheMythicGhost - Banned for helping a Lavaland vet against an overly hostile miner

Appeals which have been closed.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

[Dorsidwarf]TheMythicGhost - Banned for helping a Lavaland vet against an overly hostile miner

Post by TheMythicGhost » #469810

Byond account and character name: TheMythicGhost/Respii Varenos
Banning admin: Dorsidwarf
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Playing on the Servers
Ban reason and length: Wordlessly killed their fellow miner because the miner attacked a lavaland vet who destroyed the last tendril, rejecting all attempts at apology or stopping from their coworker, 1 day ban.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Around 4:15 PM EST (GMT -5)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I'll post an attachment of the logs from the chat for one, and that's below.
https://ufile.io/bkoq3
ROUND ID: 100461 (for use with Atlantaned's Statbus logs)

So, I decide to go on lavaland to hunt around, and see what ruins I can find after researching mining on station and various other activities. I find a lavaland vet ruin, and see a vet has now started to attack a tendril. I sit back for a bit and let them go at it, and I quote myself here "It's your burden", so they attack it for a while about 5 minutes or so. It's just me and that vet there, nobody else for that time. Right as the vet is nearly done killing it, Mines-and-Crafts comes out of nowhere and yells stop right as the last blow was placed on the tendril, pointing at a few of the cores. It was too late, and the tendril collapses, with the chest being dragged away by the vet that worked hard for it with just a pickaxe. Mines then chases that vet, attacks them with the crusher a few times, and cuts their arm off WORDLESSLY (I'm saying that here because it's referenced later but on me instead), saying "Retard" or "Idiot" after doing so. No provocation from the vet for this attack, all I see is the miner going after the Vet who did nothing to deserve being attacked, so I jump in to help the Vet, by cutting Mines-And-Craft's arm off, stopping after it was done and I quote myself here again saying "Fair is fair."

I drag the Vet away to heal them up, but Mines comes back (he comes back instead of just going back to the station or somewhere else), this time with a PKA out, and the vet attacks them. This leads to a battle where the Vet is getting killed by the guy that attacked them out of nowhere with weapons far more powerful than a pickaxe (especially given Mine's likely fully upgraded suit at this point). I give the vet an Advanced Plasma Cutter to defend themself, and I decide to move inside to heal the vet up as the vet literally did nothing to warrant this, but the Miner in my eyes here was the hostile party. The miner enters the room I'm healing the vet up in with a stun baton out, ready to kill the Vet with it. Note, neither I nor the vet chased Mines-and-Crafts into the area he was in while he was healing up, he came back to try and kill the vet. Being in the same room as the vet, and a miner that had done unprovoked hostility earlier, I think to myself "He's going to stun me with that baton next after he hits Alma (the vet)" so I take the baton, stun him until it runs out of charge, and then leave the room. The vet who I gave the APC earlier to kills him, likely because Mines was continuously coming back with a variety of weapons instead of just leaving, or trying to talk. I replace the vet's arm, I initially think to use Mine's arm since he was dead, but turns out his arm was also missing at the same location. I find the vet's arm outside (which was 16 tiles north east of the tendril if that sheds any light on how far Mines went to attack the vet), and reattach it.

At this point, one of the coworkers, another miner, comes into the lavaland hospital wanting answers. I explain to them that Mines attacked the vet out of nowhere for hunting a tendril that the vet had been hammering on a while prior to Mines coming there, and say to grab Mines' body as it is above. I make no attempts to stop the miner from grabbing it, and no attempts to hide the body. Some time later, I am bwoinked by Dorsi who despite presented screenshots, and had access to logs, thinks I decided to kill Mines for next to no reason (despite me not killing mines at all), and bans me for 1 day.

Additional note: When Mines said to the vet he can heal, he just walked away for a bit, and came back with his weapon out this time instead after I healed the vet.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Either the logging is not widespread enough, or Dorsi seems to have taken the entire situation out of context. I'm appealing this because not only was it, I feel, an undeserved ban given the context, it also leaves a note on my profile that makes me look bad. I acted in the way I did not with "Hey that's a coworker, I should help him instead of the completely tame vet he's killing" but "Mines-And-Crafts is trying to kill this guy who has no advanced weapons, that did nothing to him, for no reason at all. I should help the Vet." I only further assisted when Mines came back multiple times to the vet with a different series of weapons, instead of walking away from the conflict.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [Dorsidwarf]TheMythicGhost - Banned for helping a Lavaland vet against an overly hostile miner

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #469827

I dont have time for a full response but
1] The miner actually hit the vet a total of twice before you opened up on him, the second blow ripping their arm off
2] Your own evidence screenshot seems to show that they did not say to stop "right as the last blow was placed" as he was able to yell three things, point 4 times, and Alma herself was able to stop and type "what the fuck"
3] He offered to heal the vet while you were shooting him and before you dis-armed him so that's an inaccuracy right there
4] you were standing in the room after stunning him as the vet shot him to death with the gun you gave them, which we can see because your own chat logs show them critting him, so your claim that you just left as soon as you stunned him is a flat lie. In fact, you gloat while he's being shot up and stunned, then casually chat w/ the vet while he bleeds to death in front of you. I consider that plenty involved to count.

5] None of the 3 people involved (you, mines, or the vet) mentioned that he was taken away and cloned afterwards
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheMythicGhost

Re: [Dorsidwarf]TheMythicGhost - Banned for helping a Lavaland vet against an overly hostile miner

Post by TheMythicGhost » #469830

I have provided the full chatlog if you wish to parse it. I'm not trying to embellish anything here. The round ID was provided as well so the statbus logs can be used.
EDIT: For those too lazy to input the round ID to the statbus, here is a link.
https://sb.atlantaned.space/rounds/100461

Additional Note: Should the ban expire before any headmins review this, I'll take it as the headmins deciding to back the ruling, and not pursue any appeal on the note attached to the ban. However, I would just like to ask that it is reviewed at least once before that time, given both Dorsi's notes and context, and mine on the situation. If I'm in the wrong, I'm in the wrong, however given the context I don't feel that to be the case, and hopefully it can be shown through the logs and additional context provided by the ahelp pms.
TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #470066

Ban has expired, and no additional posts by headmins tell me the ruling is sufficient, my appeal is rescinded and I will not be pursuing an appeal for the note.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #470205

This seems resolved.