[vekter] Rumpelstiltskin3 - Permaban (I think.)

Appeals which have been closed.
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

[vekter] Rumpelstiltskin3 - Permaban (I think.)

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #50168

Byond Account: Rumpelstiltskin3
Character Name: Emmanuel Abramovich
Banning Admin: vekter
Ban type: Permaban (I believe it's a permaban because it didn't show me a date of expiration.)
Ban Reason: Suicide/loggof as Head of Security
Lenght: Permaban.
Time ban was placed: 2014-12-12 17:52:38 EST

My side of the story: The ban is completely justified. I was Head of Security and suicided and logged off, but then thing is, I suicided and logged off because I could not play. I said about 5 minutes before I sucided that I was having some massive delay on my commands, and it only got worse. That was because of my internet, wich was fucking up ever since last saturday and since my internet providers are a bunch of shits they haven't sent a technician to fix it. Being that when I clicked left, I actually had to wait more than 2 seconds for my character to actually move, I could do nothing as a HoS and might only make other people's jobs more difficult, I decided to suicde, logoff, power off my router for 15 minutes and try to log in again in the next round to see if it was better. I only realised my mistake after I rejoined and saw I was banned: I forgot that when playing a crucial role such as a Head of Department or AI, you need to contact an admin if I need to leave, and I did not do that, so the ban is entirely on me.

Why I think I should be unbanned: Well, honestly, I don't believe I should be unbanned entirely, but I believe that a permaban for suiciding and logging out while being Head of Security is a bit exagerated. I believe a jobban or a 1 week ban would be alright, but, a permaban? I started playing SS13 a month ago, and joined Sybil about 2 weeks after I started playing it and really don't want to stop playing it so soon. I am truly sorry for my mistake and I learned with it, and I will surely be more careful the next time I have to leave a game.
Whatup
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [vekter] Rumpelstiltskin3 - Permaban (I think.)

Post by Vekter » #50180

It's all good, bro. All you need to do in the future is send us an adminhelp and we'll see what we can do for you. Ban lifted.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

Re: [vekter] Rumpelstiltskin3 - Permaban (I think.)

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #50182

Vekter wrote:It's all good, bro. All you need to do in the future is send us an adminhelp and we'll see what we can do for you. Ban lifted.
Thanks, man.
Whatup