Appeals which have been closed.
retarclecl
Byond Username: Figet Spinetr

[Names Are Hard] Figet Spinetr - ban evasion permaban

Post by retarclecl » #504714

Byond account and character name: Figet Spinetr / Xavier Popal
Banning admin: Names Are Hard / excessiveuseofcobby
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Permaban, ban evasion | not really appealing this but also releasing a buffed Spontaneous Combustion disease as nonantag viro
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-07-25 18:50:46 | original 2019-07-23 23:30:51
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: Originally, I was banned releasing a buffed Spontaneous Combustion disease by handing it over to a clown and telling them to put it in their sunflower and squirt people for two days by a different admin. Afterwards, made numerous accounts in an attempt to ban evasion. Not in an attempt to grief more, but rather had to work with my brother in law the following day and thought a two day ban for releasing a disease during a wizard round where hardly anybody suffered the effects of said disease since most of them were murdered was marginally overboard considering I complied with the admin (albeit in a slightly joking manner). The only reason I am writing this post despite permabans requiring twelve months before consideration is the admin in the title told me to appeal and subsequently called me a nerd.
Why you think you should be unbanned: On Wednesday for a good, I don't know, two, three rounds before I left, without being caught ban-evading, I played like a normal human being doing my role duties and didn't attempt to further break the rules. Admittedly, I did not really know releasing a disease as a viro nonantag merited a two day ban from the entire game since I've sworn I did it before. I don't know if things became stricter or if I just got lucky in the past. However, despite this I admit I am in the wrong and should not be given a slap on the wrist and a complete unbanning, but optimistically something that isn't as permanent.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by retarclecl on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Re: [Names Are Hard] Figet Spinetr - ban evasion permaban

Post by NamesAreHard » #504717

Annotation 2019-07-25 124727.png
Original bans.
retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #504718

Thank you, the name of the original admin had left my mind. Does this need to be updated into the appeal?
NamesAreHard

Post by NamesAreHard » #504721

Probably best if you do.
retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #504722

Edited.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #504726

The original ban was placed in round 113943 on Bagil, the player was Aphar Tsmelar the virologist. (src, statbus, scrubby)

I believe the evasion ban was placed against Runescape424, who was playing as Madelyn Cowart, on round 114116 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)

It may be due to incomplete logs as of recent issues with tgstation website posting logs, but I do not see this ckey playing in any rounds outside of the round that they were banned, when they claim "...On Wednesday for a good, I don't know, two, three rounds before I left, without being caught ban-evading, I played like a normal human being doing my role duties and didn't attempt to further break the rules..." -- This may be worth checking.
retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #504728

I used a serial number randomiser. The name of the account I played on during Wednesday was fartbutlol, and in character name was Ralph Schaut. This account was also banned.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #504729

Fartbutlol, who did not have a chance to spawn prior to being banned, was banned in round 114116 at approximately 18:26:09 UTC on round 114116 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)

It's worth noting this was the same round as Runescape424 was banned on. The compared playtimes can be seen below, all times in UTC, bounding range of the graph is the round start/end.

retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #504731

Do you not see the records of the account playing before being banned? Outside of today, I mean.
retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #504732

There should be playtime on rounds or a round previous, are there not?
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #504733

Yeah, sorry, the fartbutlol ckey did have three rounds, two of which were played, on my system at least. Please note nothing I post is actually official, but I aspire to have relatively accurate data.

You also played in round 114023 (src, statbus, scrubby), and round 114027 (src, statbus, scrubby), both of which were on Bagil. You played as Ralph Schaut, the assistant in 114023 and the cook in 114027.

retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #504734

Thank you. I appreciate you taking time out of your day for this!
NamesAreHard

Post by NamesAreHard » #504760

I'd be willing to lower your ban to maybe two or three months (one month per alt). I'll ask headmins for their opinion though.
NamesAreHard

Post by NamesAreHard » #504762

After some discussion with the headmins, I've come to the decision to not lower your ban. I'm honestly not too sure why you decided to evade for such a short ban, but now you have to face the consequences.