BYOND account: TheInsanityDiver
Character name: Ithana Parker
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason:
Ban Reason
Ban Reason
Time ban was placed: 2020-04-16 09:58:16
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil/Sybil don't remember the specific server
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID 134863
Your side of the story: I was swirled by a guy for around 5 mins eventually killed him and the doctor took the guy I killed away for revival I was disgruntled as he deserved the death I went to the medbay and tried to get the guy to go space him he attacked me with a toolbox two times when i was on moderate to low health and before i killed him
Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel that i should be unbanned because i let him attack me multi-able times before i fought back and on top of that I tried to talk it out with him to let me have the body from my understanding in the rules assault does count as valid escalation

Thank you for reading I have added a video of my side of the story 15 mins long showing the entire sequence of events that took place.

[youtube]PDxf4pO-lt0[/youtube]
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: Thunder12345 TheInsanityDiver/Ithana Parker - Escalation Confusion

Post by Thunder11 » #555855

He attacked you with a toolbox after you slipped him with soap while he was trying to get you to leave him alone so he could revive a corpse. Following those two hits you beat him to death. He had no prior involvement in the situation, so why would he have any reason to let you just take a random corpse and space it? There was nothing stopping you from involving security if you didn't want him revived, or simply considering his death and revival to be sufficient punishment and allowing the matter to be dropped. Instead you chose to harass an innocent third party, steal items they needed to do their job, and kill them when they fought back. This appeal is denied.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
TheInsanityDiver
Byond Username: TheInsanityDiver

Post by TheInsanityDiver » #555894

Thunder11 wrote:He attacked you with a toolbox after you slipped him with soap while he was trying to get you to leave him alone so he could revive a corpse. Following those two hits you beat him to death. He had no prior involvement in the situation, so why would he have any reason to let you just take a random corpse and space it? There was nothing stopping you from involving security if you didn't want him revived, or simply considering his death and revival to be sufficient punishment and allowing the matter to be dropped. Instead you chose to harass an innocent third party, steal items they needed to do their job, and kill them when they fought back. This appeal is denied.
Can I get a second opinion because your the very same admin who banned me. Also on the rules it states that if the dude attacks me back for me wronging him then he is open to violence
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #555901

The banning admin is the one who handles your appeal and decides whether, given further comsideration, the ban requires adjustment or removal given evidence or discussion in the appeal process. Headmins then can either veto this decision or give the thumbs up. You do not receive a second opinion from other admins except where the banning admin is no longer an admin, in which case another admin picks up the appeal.

Additionally I would suggest you read the rule again.
If you are the instigator in a conflict and end up killing or severely impairing the round of the person you are fighting, you should make a reasonable effort to return them to life at least once or make amends, only seeking round removal if they continue to pursue you. This protection doesn't apply to an instigator being killed.
You killed the medical doctor in a fight you started as an instigator and were attempting to permanently remove someone from the round after first kill. Though in this case Korol definitely deserved what he got and you had no incentive to revive him given he literally trapped you in a stun cycle for an obscene amount of time.

But entering into someone elses department and murdering them for doing their job because you constantly pestered them is typically seen as bad escalation and a rule 1 violation. Escalation policy isn't your greenlight to murder someone for defending their workplace.

Rule 1 Precedent 6
You may defend your workplace from trespassers who damage or steal property within that space with significantly greater force than elsewhere. If someone is severely disruptive and returns after ejected, this opens them up to "fun" of the creative workplace death variety.
You don't get to use this as the greenlight for murder. You could rough them up maybe but not murder.
TheInsanityDiver
Byond Username: TheInsanityDiver

Post by TheInsanityDiver » #555905

Oh alright well i respect the decision then that rule was a little unclear to me when i read it as i thought it had to be the second time they return before escalation can not apply