gentornado
Byond Username: GeneralTornado

Coconutwarrior97 - Note appeal

Post by gentornado » #580362

BYOND account: GeneralTornado
Character name: Kersti Terras
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note???
Ban reason: Named themself "Negroid" asked to choose a name in line with naming policy for the future.
Time ban was placed: 2020-10-01 04:56:44
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: n/a
Your side of the story: I'd like to have the note removed, as it was a genuine mistake and I just completely forgot about it until it was flashed to everyone as I came in.
This name was not directed towards anyone, and was not used as an attack towards anyone. I believe that the note in its current state can be construed as a black mark to any admin that comes in and sees it without context.
Why you think you should be unbanned: MSO made an announcement on september 6th in regards to OOC bigotry "even when expressed IC". I've complied with these rules. However, I made an oversight on a name box. My clown was named negroid as a joke prior to this rule update, and as I never play clown, I hadn't noticed that it remained that until I accidentally clicked clown coming in to mid round.
Last edited by gentornado on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Coconutwarrior97 - Note appeal

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580364

I've edited this appeal to fit the correct format, and moved your message to the "Why you think you should be unbanned" portion of it.

I'll wait a day or so to let you edit anything else if you so desire before responding to it.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580367

The note, "Named themself "Negroid" asked to choose a name in line with naming policy for the future. " is not a rule 11 violation and is instead a violation of naming policy. Had you named yourself, "Jimmy James John III" or "Egg Eater" I'd have formatted it the exact same way, ex. "Named themself "Egg Eater" asked to choose a name in line with naming policy for the future."

Citing from the rules, Excessively OOC is defined as names which are intentionally hard to read/spell, references to in-game mechanics or OOC terminology, and any form of nonsensical/bad-faith name (ex. Adolf Hitler, FAGGOT PUNCHER, Poop Boy, xXrobustspaceman420Xx etc).

Which "Negroid" falls in with.

While I get mistakes do happen, its still important to note these things, and it in of itself is not really a punishment. Its just there so that if you do happen to name yourself "Negroid" or something similar in the future you can't claim ignorance.

I don't see any inaccuracy with the note nor do I see a reason to edit it.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #580428

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:"Jimmy James John III" or "Egg Eater"
Maybe a bit irrelevant to the note given, but surely these two are valid clown names? Based off his claim that "Negroid" was a clown name in the OP.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580449

Maybe a bit irrelevant to the note given, but surely these two are valid clown names? Based off his claim that "Negroid" was a clown name in the OP.
Fair point, something like Egg Eater would be fine for a clown.