Permabanned by Pumpkin0 for metacomming

Appeals which have been closed.
jollygreengiant

Permabanned by Pumpkin0 for metacomming

Post by jollygreengiant » #581555

BYOND account:[/b] Jollygreengiant69
Character name: Down D. Stairs
Ban type: Server (I think?? Not exactly sure what ban type means in this context but it is from all tg servers.)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: “Admitted to metacomming with Sonofelice and Bagelrama. When pressed about it, the stories did not match up. Please reread the rules at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/rules and appeal on the forums if you are going to stop mettacomming.”
Time ban was placed: 05:04:04
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 150332

Your side of the story: Alrighty so at the start of the round, both Sonofelice and I were paramedics, while Bagelrama was a station engineer. A couple of minutes had passed by and Sono and Bagel got bored, so they decided to start lollygagging. First, Bagelrama broke into the chemists room and when I entered he shoved me into the table and locked me in there. Then, once both Sono and I got a security officer to take him out of the chemist room (I had been freed from the chemist room as well, my reason for entering was to see what bagel was doing in the first place since what he says in VC doesn’t always show in his actual actions.) Bagel resisted a bit but then finally left the chemist room and then got the bright idea to act as a revolutionary. Sonofelice did indeed egg on this idea, while I was quiet in the background getting surgery tools laid out for future surgeries as there were no other medical doctors besides just us two paramedics (at this time, however more people joined later and became doctors thank god). Bagel then proceeded to flash Sonofelice and then Sono told him multiple times to go and flash me while I told him to stop or I’ll attack him as I was not in the mood for his tomfoolery. Bagel proceeded to flash me and I attacked him, which then led to other people believing he was a revolutionary and thus ending in him getting killed by other staff members as he was resisting. One this happened, Bagel started saying something about an admin talking to him, in which I was extremely annoyed by then. Bagelrama proceeded to try and say something along the lines of me wanting to be flashed/ asking for it, however I absolutely did not want this and made sure to tell the admin this, which would explain why the stories did not match up. Sonofelice attempted to say he was not in a vc with us, but he was indeed. Both Bagelrama and Sonofelice were scrambling to make up stories to justify what they did and they attempted to get me to play along but I told the truth to the admin because it was the right thing to do. I do understand the confusion about things not adding up for the poor admin who had to read both Sonofelice’s and Bagelrama’s stories,and then have mine just completely destroy it but I was not in the mood to play along with their lies as I just wanted a normal paramedic round so that my medical skills would enhance enough for me to consider being a decent medical doctor.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I should get an opportunity to return as I have read the rules and intend to not metacom anymore. I understand how uncool metagaming and metacomming is in general, and how unfair it is to others. As for the value, I would bring the value of a decent chemist player, a great chef, and an alright paramedic to the community as well as being a person who is also willing to teach others about what I know so far so that they too can understand mechanics in the jobs more and enjoy the game more as a result. My ban was completely understandable and fair, I am perfectly fine with the admin’s choices. If I were in their shoes I would’ve done the same. I would like to add a reason as to why I would like to be unbanned is because I genuinely like the TG script in SS13 and the servers with it (including manuel and sybil) seem like great servers that I tend to have more fun on than anything else. The tg script really brings out great fun and immersion with countless unique rounds in the game and I would otherwise probably not really play as much without it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Permabanned by Pumpkin0 for metacomming

Post by Vekter » #581556

Ban was from today, for the record.
Billcyferka9 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:58 pm Bye bye asshole.
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #581626

Hey, great to see you made this appeal!

Metacommunication is of course taken very seriously, but in all your ahelps you told the truth and were polite in them.
Since you really seem to be willing to keep playing here, I'll be lifting the ban now. You never used it for a malicious purpose, that was your friends, so I look forward to see you keep playing here!
hi i play Manuel Morgan (cowboy) and Bincee Bee (not a cowboy)
jollygreengiant

Post by jollygreengiant » #581634

Thank you so much! I look forward to coming back to the community ^^