intothewoods
Byond Username: Into_the_woods

[Domitius] Permanent appearance ban

Post by intothewoods » #582453

BYOND account: Into_the_woods
Character name: Johnny digg
Ban type: Appearance ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Appearance permanently - Either doesn't understand or chooses not to adhere to server rules regarding OOC names. Decided to disregard warnings and use "Johnny digg" after an appearance ban for a week for this name and has used bad faith names in the past. If you don't wish to follow our rules on names then you will no longer get a choice.
Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Your side of the story:
I picked a funny name for a few servers to try out for a while. digg sounds like it could be a last name, so I thought it mgiht be ok, but I forgot I was on Manuel when I chose it there. I was told by an admin that it was not allowed a few weeks ago. I went to setup and switched "always random name" back on... but apparently I forgot to hit "save setup."

At this point, it looks like I got a 7-week appearance ban that I was not notified of at the time (given on 2020-11-17 09:48:02 by Timberpoes). I only just discovered this 7-day ban a few minutes before this writing because I was viewing my admin remarks. Because this ban was applied, I was forced into always-random and I thought that I had successfully switched to always random in my setup on Manuel. This was not the case. So when this ban expired, I accidentally reverted to Johnny digg, because that was still my last-saved Character Setup.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was pure accident. I didn't even know I got a 7-day appearance ban in the first place. I almost always "always random name" so I don't check my characters name on round-start.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [Timberpoes] Permanent appearance ban

Post by Domitius » #582455

I was the one who placed the permanent appearance ban not Timberpoes.

Timberpoes caught you after your appearance ban using the name "Johnny digg" during round 151048. You both came to an understanding off the heels of your last appearance ban that you just forgot to hit save setup and it was an accident.

You yet again had not changed as you played on round 151071, approximately 7 hours after which you were given the chance in good faith to correct it across the servers.

However I do understand that you jump between servers frequently and must save your preferences over all 4 of them to properly address this. After looking over the talk you had with Timberpoes I will take a page from his book and give you the benefit of the doubt.

This ban will be lifted and the note changed to reflect this, please promptly change your name across the servers to prevent any further shots from being fired your way.
intothewoods
Byond Username: Into_the_woods

Re: [Timberpoes] Permanent appearance ban

Post by intothewoods » #582456

Much appreciated.