BobSchrubbery

Armhulenn Ban appeal Bob Schrubbery

Post by BobSchrubbery » #582873

[Armhulenn] Bob Schrubbery
BYOND account:Bob Schrubbery
Character name:Bob Schrubbery
Ban type:Server Ban
Ban lengthPermanent
Ban reason:Relabelled a plasma canister in the hallways, didn't respond to ahelps. Your habit of
continually ignoring/leaving ahelps is not helping at all
Time ban was placed:2020-12-07 01:52:11
Server you were playing on when banned:Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed:151673
Your side of the story: I was trying to make a flamethrower (I just wanted to know how to make one) and decided to bring a plasma tank with me.
I was aware dragging a plasma tank through the halls would look bad so I relabled it as co2. Someone saw me dragging it, and more than likely
knew it was plasma, as they open the canister and set preasure to max. I had a welding tool in hand, and went to click on my other hand to grab
my pda in case I got shoved, I did not want to drop it. I misclicked due to the speed and activated my welding tool, which lit the plasma in the
halls. As for the admin pings, I did not see them, that could be due to me being afk or leaving after I died by the hands of a dragon.
Either way I never ignored a ping on purpose.
Why you think you should be unbanned:It was my fault bringing and trying to hide the plasma, but I had no ill intentions. I spend most of my time
learning new roles and building things on the station, I believe I should be unbanned due to the accidental nature of this incident.
[b]References of good conduct: The ban was very recent, so I have not played on any other servers, nor do I much. I typically only play tg bagil.
I do however have friends who play this game that could vouch for me if need be.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Armhulenn Ban appeal Bob Schrubbery

Post by Armhulen » #582874

You were present for multiple pings (moving around, doing stuff) so I guess you missed them. The reason why I set it as a perma was the really bad history with handling admins talking to you, aka the last two bans involving disconnecting when bwoinked. So here's the official from me to you, one brother to another, don't ignore or disconnect when bwoinked, try to avoid that the best you can because it makes it look like you're just griefing, especially when it's randomly opening a relabelled plasma can and setting it on fire. In fact I suggest you adminhelp us when that happens right away.

You killed one person and kinda messed up the station, I'm lowering it to 2 days. READ THE ABOVE BIT!
Königstiger
Byond Username: Konigstiger_ii

Post by Königstiger » #582928

BobSchrubbery wrote:[Armhulenn] I had a welding tool in hand, and went to click on my other hand to grab
my pda in case I got shoved, I did not want to drop it. I misclicked due to the speed and activated my welding tool, which lit the plasma in the
halls.
Unless this has changed in recent months, in which case apologies for interjecting, don't you have to drop lit welders in order to ignite plasma?
BobSchrubbery

Post by BobSchrubbery » #582934

I understand, more than likely missed them. And as for the 2 days I can't argue with that, I'll try to avoid those kind of situations in the future. Thanks
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #582958

This appears to be resolved. Locking and shuffling it along.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #582970

Königstiger wrote:
BobSchrubbery wrote:[Armhulenn] I had a welding tool in hand, and went to click on my other hand to grab
halls.
Unless this has changed in recent months, in which case apologies for interjecting, don't you have to drop lit welders in order to ignite plasma?
Sneaking past the headmin domi to say naw you can just hold those bitches and it'll still light