Appeals which have been closed.
Jimmyhandrix

[Sylphet] Jimmy Handrix - Bioweapon virologist

Post by Jimmyhandrix » #591698

BYOND account: JimmyHandrix
Character name: I forgot
Ban type: Server (basil and sybil)
Ban length: 1 week
Ban reason: Killed nearly the entire station with a bioweapon as a nonantag virologist. Claims it was an accident and was forthcoming with information.
Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 53169
Your side of the story: I intentionally made a very deadly virus. I forgot what the symptoms were but I basically crunched the numbers so it was a highly infectious oxygen suffocation thing that was relatively hard to cure. I accidentally injected myself with the syringe because I was still getting used to the syringe mechanics (eg right clicking and left clicking instead of settign it to draw/inject). I then went to chemistry to try get it cured but in the process released the virus. As a result, at least 16 people died, and it sounds like there were probably more.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This was an accident. I was trying out the new job as viro. I was really interested in making a deadly virus, I had no plans to release it unless a group antag like revs or cult were threatening the station. I accidentally injected myself and then tried to go to chem to make the cure and that's when I infected everyone. I understand the mechanics of viro well because I was reading the wiki a bunch, and I crunched the numbers to see how I could make a highly infectious but resistant virus. I think I should be unbanned because although the ban isn't "unfair" per se and my mistake had a serious consequence, I was not trying to ruin the round. I've played some rounds before and I've never tried to ruin the whole round by bombing the station or fucking atmos. The admin even acknowledged that I was honest and did not try to hide anything. I think this is a pointless ban because keeping me banned for four more days won't make me learn the game any faster so I don't make the mistake again. I know it's only four more days, but I would like my appeal lifted because it's Friday night, and I would like to play this weekend.
Anything else we should know: I tried getting on Yogstation after my ban was placed on /tg/. It kept saying Access Denied. I contacted an admin of yogstation and he still does not know why I am received a ban. He says that it's some BYOND thing that he's talking to Lummox about. I tried to see if I Could get on Yog with a different account (I told the admin about this.) Later, I accidentally connected to Basil. As I recall I got in, but I knew I shouldn't have been there. I left immediately. This BYOND key was returnofjoy, and the admin is named Alexkar598. I Was not trying to ban evade, and I am just being honest about that now.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: [Sylphet] Jimmy Handrix - Bioweapon virologist

Post by Sylphet » #591712

I have no interest in lifting this ban. Seven days was already very lenient.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Jimmyhandrix

Post by Jimmyhandrix » #591718

Please dude? I wasn't trying to be a dick. I won't go viro for awhile, I'll stick with something that can't hurt people. Pleaseeeee man I really wanna play this weekend I promise I wont hurt people pleaseee pleaseeee you were already so nice just please trust me I won't get anyone needlessly killed as non-antag pleaseee man
Jimmyhandrix

Post by Jimmyhandrix » #591720

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=28558 you reduced this guys ban, please sylphet please come on I know you're a nice guy. You know I didn't mean it.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #591723

You spent the entire round trying to chase down uranium to construct your virus. You intentionally created it. You intentionally placed it into a syringe. I have a hard time believing that injecting yourself wasn't intentional when every step before then was.

If you truly didn't want it to spread you should have called out for assistance or resigned yourself to your fate.

This ban is exceedingly light and will be upheld.