[brotherbeyond] cheezygreezy - MetComms/Alt Account

Appeals which have been closed.
CheezyGreezy
Byond Username: Cheezusgreezus

[brotherbeyond] cheezygreezy - MetComms/Alt Account

Post by CheezyGreezy » #601796

b]BYOND account:[/b] cheezusgreezus
Character name: Steven Burgess (I think)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Alt Account of CheezyGreezy" And logging as CheezyGreezy gives the same reason.
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-02 03:42:36
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 163341

Your side of the story: Towards the end of the round I metacommed with a friend, and we sprayed some graffiti around the Lavaland station essentially telling on ourselves. It was our silly idea of humor. I know that it doesn't make much of a difference but I would like to say that we didn't metacomm to hinder or hurt anyones gameplay or anything like that. We were just having a laugh and playing with the paint. Like I mentioned though, I know that rules are rules and I'm not trying to excuse, just explain. I did ask my friend for help when I caught myself on fire, but I don't know if he was able to get to me before I logged. I noticed that the public ban list mentions me logging when bwoinked, but I did not receive the bwoink before I logged. My friend told me that "Someone saw our graffiti". I don't know if he meant that he was being contacted by an admin about it, or a player had found it, but I tried to log back in to receive the bwoink/talk to an admin or whatever the course of action from there would be. Unfortunately I was too late and had already been banned. (I reckon that was unavoidable, but I don't want to seem like I'm dodging the admins or something)

Why you think you should be unbanned: I have a good history of peacefully playing my job and avoiding any shittery. I typically play a station engineer and genuinely enjoy keeping the station up and running. This was a lapse of judgement by my friend and I trying to have a laugh. I would certainly not engage in such tomfoolery in the future should leniency be granted. I realize that meta communications are detrimental to the very nature of SS13, and I apologize for any headache or trouble my friend and I caused anyone.

Anything else we should know:
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: [brotherbeyond] cheezygreezy - MetComms/Alt Account

Post by Cimika » #601808

Hey, here are the two ckeys and the two ban reasons for convenience.

cheezygreezy
Banned from the server permanently - Metacomms with UnsayingWalnut. Left impressively fast when bwoinked. Explain yourself on the forums.
cheezusgreezus
Banned from the server permanently - Alt account of CheezyGreezy.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #601817

Hiya! I had found it quite odd when I saw a station engineer in full mining gear wordlessly walking around with another miner so I did a little searching and believed you were metacomming.
I had bwoinked unsayingwalnut and had another sentence copypasted to send to you but you had left prior to the bwoink. You both must've alt-f4'd within a couple seconds of the bwoink.

I'll accept the appeal, reword the ban to be more accurate and reduce it to two weeks. Please do not use metacomms when the bans over else you'll likely be banned for a much longer time.

Your friend, unsayingwalnut, will have to appeal separately for an unban though.

However, could I ask which account you wish to have the ban reduced on? Cheezygreezy or Cheezusgreezus?
CheezyGreezy
Byond Username: Cheezusgreezus

Post by CheezyGreezy » #601819

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. More than fair.

CheezyGreezy would be fine by me.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #601833

Should now be set to expire in two weeks for the account CheezyGreezy. If you aren't unbanned around this time two weeks from now, ping me (or get another admin on discord to pester me) and I'll sort it out.