Beyond Account: Jamesthefrog2

Character Name: James Springs (I think)

Ban Type: Server, connection ban

Ban length: Indefinite

Ban Reason: ""Ban Evasion" Problem account not belonging to me-> RoobToob

Time ban was placed: 20201-06-08 00:59:32

Server Playing on: Sybil

Round ID: 163693

Your side of story: Haven't Played this game in a long while, and finally got a new computer. Thought I would spool up some ss13 and have spent the day browsing for a server setup I liked. I had tried connecting a few times but never noticed the error message about the ban, I haven't played a round on the server this year. I also have no access or links to the aforementioned "RoobToob" account.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Seems generic, but I literally did nothing

References of good conduct: I dont have much or any history on the server
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye] Jamesthefrog2 - Ban evasion false ban

Post by MortoSasye » #602390

You share your IP with that of a banned person, and just came back after they got banned. So you got banned after we detected that inconsistency once you tried to log in. Do you have an explanation for that?

Also, your account is from 2020-04-22 but when you logged in our servers it was only to observe, and play a single time: https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/jamesthefrog2
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
jamesthefrog2
Byond Username: Jamesthefrog2

Post by jamesthefrog2 » #602406

When I last played I was just looking around for servers, and my Wi-Fi had been going out the past few days so I've had to reset my router. I don't know what else I can say man.
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #602410

Your CID (computer ID) also hasn't changed despite having a new computer. I would need you to explain that before I decide what to do.
NSFW:
jamesthefrog2
Byond Username: Jamesthefrog2

Post by jamesthefrog2 » #602729

Sorry, I have been away from my pc for a bit. Let me recall the history of my ss13 experience. I Found ss13 in 2020 sometime after watching the old OneyPlays video and thought it was neat, so I spooled up my old laptop and played around. Eventually, after using the character "Melvin Mc Sniffelheimer" as a jokey named Janitor on like 2-3 servers, I grew interested in learning a job after figuring out the basics. I decided I liked robotics, and the IPC race, but as paradise station, the server I played on, required Karma for the race I looked around to find a codebase I liked better. I browsed through servers and observed the games and settings for my liking, and I liked the TG codebase, but between high school, and my deteriorating laptop that had a busted audio driver, I decided to put the game aside. Just this last October however, I got enough money to put together a desktop and because I've been a bit bored with the games i have right now decided to try ss13 again, this time with some better hardware. I have been playing FulpStation for the past few days, and as it had the same codebase I wanted to have TG station as a server I could go to when Fulp was low pop or down, or even just a change of scenery. I Have no idea who "RoobToob" is, what they did, or why my ip matches. I don't think I even want to play on TG now because this has left a bad taste in my mouth. I just don't want my username associated with some garbage I never did.

~Respectfully
James
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #602742

Thanks for explaining the situation.

I decided to unban both ckeys, with the hope it's not the same person. I won't tell you to play in our servers though- that's your decision in the end.
NSFW: