BYOND account: Nibor62
Character name: N/A
Ban type: Banned by host
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: sticky ban
Time ban was placed: Dunno
Server you were playing on when banned: N/A
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A
Your side of the story: Sorry for yet another unusual ban appeal. I am a linux user and after having desperately trying to find a decent non-lagging way to play the game, I finaly found that vmware workstation and its 3d acceleration is the holy grail. Sadly it seem that some other dude used this kind of VM for ban evasion and the sticky ban somehow also apply to my VM too (kinda weird since it is a fresh install)
Why you think you should be unbanned: Since I found a working setup I would love (and maybe other linux people) to see it work, but I do understand that with ban escapers it might not be that easy.
References of good conduct: A humble beginner that have not blown the station yet (kinda scared of the "how to start the reactor" wiki page though, will probably keep growing tomatoes for a while)
Anything else we should know: N/A
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (7.96 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [gamerandyeahmick] Nibor62 - My VM got banned

Post by Mothblocks » #629149

The admin handed this off to me as a subject expert on this kind of thing.

This is an odd one! Sticky bans are a BYOND thing, though we definitely have the power to remove this. I'm touching base with MSO as someone who I trust to be knowledgeable on how sticky bans work so we can confirm you're not an evader before lifting this. Will give you information as I receive it.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #629159

You should be able to connect soonish, let me know if you have any problems.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Nibor62
Byond Username: Nibor62

Post by Nibor62 » #629318

Seems to be working, thanks :3