BYOND account: Tayl
Character name: Tayl Logan
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: warned against ooc in ic - "I call sec all round long"
Time ban was placed: 19:19:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 179415
Your side of the story: I got into an other admin related issue not too long during the round that lasted for the entirety of the round with back and forth messages between me and the other admin in question, leaving me little time to play without distractions. After being repeatedly harassed by other players during the round, i tried calling sec to help out, especially since i was busy responding to admin questions, with no success. Playing as the hop, people started getting impatient and ask me to do my job. I'm not sure if I remember correctly if this was when this happened, but I basically tell either the people in question waiting at hop line, or the captain which was the only person I could complain to, that I tried calling security all round long, right after replying to an admin message, instead of using the word shift or something similar. I instantly get a message from Fikou pointing I shouldn't use this word, followed by this Note
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe this note's existence to be overly harsh. At no other point during the round did I use any OOC terms and this was clearly an accident that occurred while I was distracted and busy dealing with multiple OOC and IC matters at once. This was a one time thing and I feel a simple reminder would've been more than enough.
References of good conduct: None
Anything else we should know: No
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [Fikou] Tayl - Note regarding OOC in IC

Post by Fikou » #632541

Hello! I am denying this appeal, as it is factual and I don't believe "warned against" and listing your literal words is being overly harsh. During the ahelp you have not said it was an accident, merely "yea ok".
If "one time things" weren't getting noted, you couldn't tell if something was a one time thing, or if it is a repeating pattern. Notes are useful for keeping that information.
You may request a headmin review. Have a nice day.
Tayl
Byond Username: Tayl

Post by Tayl » #632552

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply.

You are right regarding my response to the ahelp, it may have not been the best way to reply. However I'd like you to take the situation I was in into consideration. I was at the time quite on edge, I was being griefed for most of the round for no reason whatsoever and spent the entirety of it (40+ minutes) replying to an admin and discussing my actions when one of the griefers in question decided to ahelp after being a shitter all round when I didn't escalate things in the best of ways. The entirety of my time is spent juggling between the consequences of someone I felt was ban baiting an dealing with IC issues that happened as a consequence of me trying to handle the admin ticket.

So when I receive a message telling me to watch the words I'm using when I make one honest mistake after being distracted all round, I simply reply in the simplest of ways to avoid going into another tirade and risk blowing out of proportions a ticket that should've been resolved rather quickly.

I understand that what's being indicated in the note is merely factual and my words, but I'd please like the context to be taken into consideration to understand where this is coming from, and how it may be complicated to have to juggle between IC language and OOC language every minute or so, while also being under pressure IC. The reminder of watching my choices of words isn't what I find overly harsh, it is not taking the bigger picture into consideration, which, granted, you could have had no idea about considering the response I gave to the ahelp.

To my understanding, rule 3 exists to prevent breaking immersion breaking, people from giving out information they have no way to communicate or receiving information they have no way to know, etc. I don't believe this one time poor choice of words impacted the other player's experience, or what this rule is intended to preserve regarding role play, in any negative way whatsoever. Additionally, expecting me to stay fully immersed in these circumstances, and consequently, to use perfect IC language at all times is also what I find unrealistic and overly harsh.

Frankly, I dislike requesting a headmin review. This was a two sentences exchange that was had that was turned exactly into what I was afraid it would, a "long tirade, blowing out of proportions a ticket that should've been resolved rather quickly" as I mentioned earlier, and I don't think I could've handled this in game while dealing with everything else going on. I would like however to request one, as I feel I was treated overly harshly, and I don't feel that an admin reviewing their own ticket is fair for the appealing party.

Thank you for your time and for understanding
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #632570

The note is accurate, and does not portray the situation in a way that is overly harsh. If something like this never happens again, the note will fade over time.

We have no intention of overruling this note.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: