Appeals which have been closed.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

[rageguy505] STOP BANNING ME I DONT WANT TO WRITE ANY MORE FUCKING APPEALS

Post by toemas » #646754

BYOND account: Realthoman_
Character name: PhIlip Thomas
Ban type: Ban, 1 week
Ban reason: De-brained and deep fried and killed the captain after a traitor left them in crit. Poor escalation and round removal as a non-antag. While the captain also had poor escalation, this isnt a excuse to kill a dying captain and round remove them. Disconnected before i can ask more.
Time ban was placed: 7-15-22
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 186714
Your side of the story: The captain hacked both of my legs off with a rapier because i welded a wall into tech storage and then ran away when he tried to arrest me. I spent an excruiating amount of time getting revived and healed out of bloodloss, at which point i crawled to robotics so they could reattach my limbs. I later found the captain crit at which point i hacked his head off and deepfried his brain
Why you think you should be unbanned: He LITERALLY cut my legs off, the escalation was valid. I disconnected because you didnt reply to my response for 20 minutes and i had no idea the ahelp was even still going. This ban was applied after the round was already over, and i was 30 minutes into the NEXT round as the HOS, you had plenty of opportunities to just PM me
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [rageguy505] STOP BANNING ME I DONT WANT TO WRITE ANY MORE FUCKING APPEALS

Post by Mothblocks » #646760

This round is still ongoing, so I'm going to delete this thread until it's over, and then restore it.

I have been informed this ban was placed after the round, apologies.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
toemas

Post by toemas » #646768

its all good
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #646773

Hi, sorry for not noticing you were in the round. I was doing some log diving and i'm new to these tools.

You didn't mention that you also attempted to stun and cuff the captain when he tried to arrest you, and the captain mentioned that was his primary reasoning for cutting off your legs as a sentence.

And 20 minutes after this fight had happened and you were sent to med, you came across the captain who was dying in maintenance to a traitor and pushed him into a electrified grille until he was dead and de-brained and later went to deep fry his brain.

I went for a week long ban considering your history with poor escalation and round removal as a non-antag.
The appeal is denied.
toemas

Post by toemas » #646776

Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:07 am Hi, sorry for not noticing you were in the round. I was doing some log diving and i'm new to these tools.

You didn't mention that you also attempted to stun and cuff the captain when he tried to arrest you, and the captain mentioned that was his primary reasoning for cutting off your legs as a sentence.
a guy who isnt security wordlessly jumped out of the darkness in maint and started shooting me with an egun, of course im going to defend myself, especially when its over something as trivial as welding a fucking wall into tech storage. your also making it sound worse then it is. i emptied his own egun at him [three or four shots, then it ran out] he ran at me, so i shoved him against a wall and tried to cablecuff him, he got lucky and resisted out of the grab, then i decided it wasnt worth it, dropped the gun on the ground for him, and ran away. he proceeded to keep chasing me around for like five minutes trying to arrest me, i never hurt him whatsoever and was just RUNNING
Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:07 am And 20 minute after this fight had happened and you were sent to med, you came across the captain who was dying in maintenance to a traitor and pushed him into a electrified grille until he was dead and de-brained and later went to deep fry his brain.
it took 20 minutes to retaliate because thats how long it took for me to get healed and get my fucking legs reattached you fucking gnome. I had no idea he was dying to a traitor, i didnt see a traitor anywhere. This is completely retarded, if you hack someones legs off and let them bleed out because they attempted to commit a petty theft and then resisted arrest, you are a shithead, and whatever you get in retaliation is deserved. if he just gave me a five minute timer or something i obviously wouldnt have reacted in the way i did

i would like to request HEADMIN INTERVENTION
Last edited by toemas on Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
toemas

Post by toemas » #646777

literally ALL he would have had to have done to avoid getting round removed was NOT brutally mutilate me. what precedent is this even setting? can i go around cutting peoples legs off if they weld walls and shove me when im arresting them now?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #646778

headmins have been notified
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #646783

The main issue i have with what happened was you killing the captain and round removing them as a non-antag, both sides acted in bad faith but you took it a step further and killed him and deep fried his brain. And under current escalation rules, the conflict was over when the captain had you taken to med and you had to have re-escalated properly when you get into conflict. Killing and round removing the captain when you found him in crit isnt proper escalation.
In the last part of escalation policy on rules
"if a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist. Once treated the conflict is over; any new conflict with either individual must escalate once again. If you get into a conflict again with that individual, they may be removed permanently from the round."
toemas

Post by toemas » #646790

Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:15 am The main issue i have with what happened was you killing the captain and round removing them as a non-antag, both sides acted in bad faith but you took it a step further and killed him and deep fried his brain. And under current escalation rules, the conflict was over when the captain had you taken to med and you had to have re-escalated properly when you get into conflict. Killing and round removing the captain when you found him in crit isnt proper escalation.
In the last part of escalation policy on rules
"if a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist. Once treated the conflict is over; any new conflict with either individual must escalate once again. If you get into a conflict again with that individual, they may be removed permanently from the round."
if my memory is correct, the captain didnt take me to med, someone had to shove him over and take me to med for him after they witnessed the act of cruelty. someone else had to go grab my severed legs off the floor too
Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:15 am Once treated the conflict is over
am i just supposed to forget that he hacked my limbs off because he allowed me to be taken to med and healed? you said yourself that he escalated improperly

i also really dont think that round removing someone for cutting your legs off is a huge jump in escalation. theres not much worse things i can think of then cutting someones limbs off?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #646792

Code: Select all

[2022-07-15 23:15:38.214] ATTACK: Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) has attacked Realthoman_/(Philip Thomas) with officer's sabre (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -7.7)  (Central Primary Hallway (108,144,2))
[2022-07-15 23:15:39.220] ATTACK: Realthoman_/(Philip Thomas) has suffered: Dismemberment Wound to left leg (Central Primary Hallway (107,144,2))
[2022-07-15 23:15:39.225] ATTACK: Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) has attacked Realthoman_/(Philip Thomas) with officer's sabre (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -33)  (Central Primary Hallway (108,144,2))
[2022-07-15 23:15:44.925] SAY: Tarhalindur/(Henry Kherring) "Go take them to medbay" (Central Primary Hallway (108,144,2))
the captain did call someone to take you to medical after dismembering your leg

And the dismemberment could be used as basis to establish conflict again with the captain.

and logs were grabbed from here: https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/sybil/ ... nd-186710/
toemas

Post by toemas » #646795

Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:57 am the captain did call someone to take you to medical after dismembering your leg

And the dismemberment could be used as basis to establish conflict again with the captain.

and logs were grabbed from here: https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/sybil/ ... nd-186710/
Him asking someone to toss my legless bloodless body to medbay after he did the deed doesnt make it any less shitty. blood loss is a nightmare and getting limbs reattached is also a nightmare, i didnt do anything to warrant such a punishment. if i was tiding into the brig or bridge and being a griefing shithead, it would have been justified, but literally all i did was attempt to weld a single wall into tech storage [a place thats technically "restricted" but gets looted at the beginning of every shift, like eva, and nobody typically cares] and then try to cuff him like once when he was shooting me with an egun. [had RNG went in my favor and he failed to resist the grab, i simply would have taken what i needed from tech storage, then cut him free and ran] i had no intent to fuck with his round until he dismembered me which is why i tossed him back his gun before fleeing.

I really dont agree with the idea that as long as you toss someones body to medbay, it justifies whatever harm you inflicted on them prior and they cannot kill you or RR you in retaliation for it, even if the harm you inflicted upon them was beyond unreasonable and harsh.
Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:57 am And the dismemberment could be used as basis to establish conflict again with the captain.
you think it would have went well for me if i fucked with him in any way and then left him alive after? he overescalated the first time by ripping my legs off just for resisting arrest, what do you think he would have done if i actually fucked with him in a manner that impacted his round? he has the overwhelming advantage in any escalation situation, all he has to do is ;phillip bad and then i'll get lynched
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #646925

so after thinking on it and what happened and how you were improperly escalated against, ive decided to accept your appeal in favor of changing the note to

As an assistant, tried to break into tech storage and was stopped by the captain. After a fight where he slipped the captain,took their e-gun, shot them with a few disabler bolts with the captains e-gun and left the captain's gun to run away. The captain caught them later and proceeded to cut their legs off as punishment. About 20 minutes later in the round they came across the capain who was in crit from a traitor. They then husked them, de-brained the body, and deepfried the brain.

you should be unbanned a couple minutes after i post this.
toemas

Post by toemas » #646929

ok thanks
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647000

I've also decided to remove the note under further review since the captain themselves did not get noted.