NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

[Timbertoes] shitposted and got roasted

Post by NikNakFlak » #650522

BYOND account: NikNakflak
Ban type: : FNR approval
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Joke admin complaints are not allowed. User put on FNR post approval."
Time ban was placed: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:37 pm
Your side of the story: Citrus kicked me from a discord channel because I made fun of his video game. I opened up a complaint in which mothblocks closed telling me to not be rude. It wasn't a serious complaint but it wasn't without merit either. Mothblocks responded to it seriously and I was satisfied with the outcome. Almost 24 hours pass and I think nothing of it when suddenly timbertoes puts me on FNR approval randomly while I was at the gym. Kind of ruined my workout vibe honestly.
Why you think you should be unbanned: A single joke complaint in years shouldn't warrant instant FNR approval especially since no prior warning was given nor did it seem like the other headmins cared that much. Restricting me from FNR reduces my ability to respond rapidly to ban appeals where I can handle something quickly such as the most recent case with: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32258
On top of that, a bunch of other admins were dogpiling on me in admin chatter and it made me sad.
References of good conduct: I sometimes do big stat projects for the community and also wrote the guide to online protection
Anything else we should know: I (probably) won't do it again and I am sorry.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Re: [Timbertoes] shitposted and got roasted

Post by AwkwardStereo » #650524

I egged this on, so it isn't peanut posting.

The joke that this started as has stopped being funny if we're at this point.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #650528

That is to say, nobody cared about the inciting incident until I started shitting and screaming to get another admin off of FNR post approval who has been there for a while for a similar (joke) stunt.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #650565

Guidance from MSO on this back in March is:
i always encourage headmins to apply any combination of fnr post approval, fnr banned, or forum temp bans on anybody who makes a joke complaint.
I have not been exceptionally engaged with the forums because I just started a new job last week.

Between all the candidate threads and election discussion, there has been a lot of forum activity and I haven't been following every thread posted.

When the thread was brought to my attention, I looked at it and felt there was little doubt it was a joke or nonserious complaint, and put you on FNR approval as a result.

The other headmins are free to overrule me if, on investigation, they feel the complaint was not a joke or a shitpost.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #650581

None of that addresses the appeal in the slightest.
I was aware of all of what you stated before I made this thread.

The appeal is to be unbanned with the above reasoning listed and because I won't do it again.
You just listed the reason again and addressed nothing else in the appeal.

Either way, it sounds like you are full committed to this regardless and thus unless otherwise stated, I'll re-appeal in 2 weeks.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #650586

NikNakFlak wrote:A single joke complaint in years shouldn't warrant instant FNR approval especially since no prior warning was given nor did it seem like the other headmins cared that much.
The community has seen in 2022 (viewtopic.php?p=628847, viewtopic.php?f=54&t=31299&p=634445) the minimum standard for joke admin complaints is that they are not allowed, and admins that have done them have faced immediate forum restrictions as a result.

There is no system of strikes or warnings leading to restricted forum pivileges for joke admin complaints. The result is immediate.

Sticky had no forum warnings since 2018 before being forum banned by MSO for his joke complaint, for example.
NikNakFlak wrote:Restricting me from FNR reduces my ability to respond rapidly to ban appeals where I can handle something quickly such as the most recent case with: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32258
While true, this is a defense you're putting forward because you are in an elevated position of responsibility within the community.

There is nothing special about your admin status that leads to me conclude you should be held less responsible or that you're less culpable for your choices.

It is unfortunate that there will be a delay in conversation for your appeals where your responses may need to be approved first, but there is nothing particularly pressing here.

Again, you are an admin. Not only should you have known better, you suggested in your follow-up that you did actually know better and I presume did it anyway.
NikNakFlak wrote:On top of that, a bunch of other admins were dogpiling on me in admin chatter and it made me sad.
Poke the DJ team with links to the messages and they'll make a call on that.
NikNakFlak wrote:

Code: Select all

[b]Anything else we should know:[/b] I [size=10](probably)[/size] won't do it again and I am sorry.
:<

I am of the belief it was a joke complaint. If the other headmins are minded to think otherwise and it was a serious complaint, they may absolutely overturn my choice to put you on FNR approval.

Checks and balances.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #650588

Ok