In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

[AyamePup] Rule 11 Ban

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651893

BYOND account: superaggrocrag
Character name: Avudim Gopniki
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 2880 minutes
Ban reason: After a conflict, called a player several slurs such as 'Aspie' and 'retard.' This spilled into OOC. If someone is breaking the rules and griefing you, you ahelp it. You dont break rule 11 in return. Take a break.
Time ban was placed: 2022-09-09 23:36:41
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 190185

Your side of the story: I walked into medbay looking for a glass of lye, as I had a glass of liquid gibs picked up from the mime killing himself in bar. My goal was simple, to make a bar of soap to clean up the bar. I saw the door to the pharmacy was open and took a step inside but the chemist, Nathan Lowestone, told me to leave. So I did. I asked him if he could make me a glass of lye. He proceeded to scream at me in all caps and no punctuation. A lot. He cussed at me. A lot. I stood outside the door and asked him why he is being such a jerk and he came out and punched me. I hit him back a few times and a borg broke it up. I left to talk to the CMO and ask him if he could make me a glass of lye. The chemist screamed more and threw acid at me. I called him a fucking sperg and a retard and a cocksucker. He began having a huge fit. I was standing outside medbay when Nathan decides to set me on fire with a welder. I walk into him to also set him on fire. I am stunned by a revolutionary flashing me. He is stunned by a revolutionary flashing him. All my gear is burned off from the combined effects of his earlier acid attack and setting me on fire and me being stunned and unable to put out the fire.

He keeps attacking me. I ahelp at this time because we are now both revolutionaries and shouldn't be trying to kill each other. I am getting very frustrated with this guy. My ahelp is not responded to. Nathan Lowestone begins screaming in OOC about how fucking upset he is that i called him a "slur". He begins icking and oocking. I respond in kind by calling him a fucking sperg in OOC. I am finally messaged by an admin! It's Ayamepup. Instead of dealing with the grief, they tell me that it's "not okay" to call someone a "sperg." I point out that this guy has called me a cunt multiple times. Ayamepup says that's not a "targeted slur". I get banned for 2 days. I don't know if the team-killing griefer who ruined my round got punished at all.
Why you think you should be unbanned: "Sperg" and "retard" are common insults used everywhere, offline and online. Rule 11 isn't meant to censor common lingo that you hear everywhere on the internet. They're not nice words, but unless Rule 11's intention is to ban all mean words, then this is going way beyond MSO's intention when he made Rule 11.

I also think it was pretty baffling that the banning admin decided to single me out for saying a mean word after ignoring my ahelps for several minutes and basically letting my round get ruined by this guy. It feels like I'm being singled out, and at this point it feels like I'm being banned just because some admins don't like me because I say mean things sometimes.

References of good conduct: N/A

I had a friend help edit this so maybe the admins will actually let me appeal a ban instead of just auto deleting my posts.
AyamePup
Byond Username: AyamePup

Re: [AyamePup] Rule 11 Ban

Post by AyamePup » #651908

Thanks for your appeal. Firstly, i'd like to explain that I was not ignoring your ahelp. When I accept a ticket, the first thing I do is go to logs to gather more context. Sometimes this takes a few moments. During the beginning of this altercation, that is what I was in the process of doing. I apologize if I did not notify you of this quickly enough. I will make sure to do that faster in the future.

Secondly, i'd like to show from the logs the certain lines from you I took issue with. You can view them here: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... 5/game.txt
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "I left when you asked me to get out." (Medbay Central (121,106,3))
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "And you had a sperg fit." (Medbay Central (121,106,3))
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Autist." (Medbay Central (121,106,3))
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Stop screaming retard." (Medbay Central (121,1
06,3))

It is as this point in the logs you are set on fire.
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Fucking faggot chemsit." (Medbay Central (121,105,3))
It is at this point the ahelp comes through.
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Cry about it, wrong planet aspie." (Medbay Central (121,106,3))
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Fucking indigo child." (Medbay Central (121,106,3))
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "Trying to get him to calm down." (Medbay Central (122,105,3))
SAY: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "He has aspergers syndrome." (Medbay Central (123,105,3))
You both then move to OOC.
OOC: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "shut the fuck up sperg" (Scotch Servin Willy's (130,138,3))
OOC: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "dont have a huge fucking autism freak out and attack people for standing near you" (Scotch Servin Willy's (128,137,3))
OOC: Super Aggro Crag/(Avudim Gopniki) "fucking griefing retard" (Scotch Servin Willy's (128,137,3))
This isnt a case of you just saying "a mean word." This is repeated, targeted use of slurs and derogatory terms such as Aspie, faggot, indigo child and, to a point, retard. Rule 11 states "Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, disability, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject the expression of bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind. " Additionally, I will quote from a headmin ruling this term:

"1. At this time, we are choosing not to go as far as to say all uses of the word "retard"/"retarded" are bigoted, just hurtful, but being hurtful isn't what rule 11 is about. However, excessive harassment/spew like this (such as repeatedly demeaning someone to the point where you're being a dick more than you are roleplaying as a rude character) will continue to be enforcable under rule 1. There are no changes there, and we intend to defend admins who act on that." (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31344) The key point im focusing on here is 'excessive harassment/spew.' Language like this is not tolerated and clearly against the rules. Regardless of arguments of what words are covered under rule 11, its absolutely covered under rule 1: Dont be a dick.

I understand your interactions with this person were frustrating. However, that is no excuse to hurl vitriol at him. That is still a rule break, and, as such, was dealt with separately from the ticket I opened with him. Understand that I cannot share the contents of other tickets/notes/bans with people for privacy reasons, but that issue was not being ignored.
You are not showing any signs of being apologetic in this appeal, and as such I am rejecting it. If you wish to bring the appeal to a headmin you are free to do so.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651911

I like how you ignore all the context that I escalated in my insulting him when he continued freaking out and attacking me, yes, I would like a fucking headmin to review this. You are showing a clear and consistent level of bias against me.
Last edited by Super Aggro Crag on Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #651942

Sorry, but the headmin team doesn't really have any intention on overturning or reducing this ban.

We think you not only overstepped the bounds of rule 11 with your insults directed towards another player (specifically, using multiple slurs directly intended to demean the other party - doubling downed on calling them an "aspie" when they mentioned they had aspergers syndrome), but you also overstepped the bounds of rule 1, being excessively rude.

We understand the context of the situation, and that the other player was also acting somewhat questionably on their own. AyamePup mentioned that the other player was also brought into a ticked and handled administratively, and we'll double check that the investigation on that side was thorough enough. However, their closing comments sums it up for us: That's no excuse to say such vile things to them.

We think AyamePup handle the ban adequately. We don't really want to see that level of harassment on our servers.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #651948

Well, this has been a learning experience. I can't wait for Monday. I'm going to get so many people ahelping and laugh my fucking ass off when nothing happens because clearly the rules don't apply anymore.