Jackraxxus: big 'ole misunderstanding leading to my precsious anteg being stolen

Appeals which have been closed.
I Hate Geese
Byond Username: I Hate Geese

Jackraxxus: big 'ole misunderstanding leading to my precsious anteg being stolen

Post by I Hate Geese » #654220

BYOND account: I Hate Geese

Character name: Chris Mclean

Ban type: Antag

Ban length: 1 Week

Ban reason: 12 minute in suicide on ID192442 (The round this was placed) with a previous note for early-round suicide a day earlier. Said they had to go to bed in deadchat, but something tells me they would've kept playing if they had rolled antagonist. This is being placed as a more forceful reminder that you should not ready up for rounds you do not intend to play if you don't roll antag. This ban was placed in your absence as you had disconnected, please contest it on the forums if you believe I have made an error.

Time ban was placed: 6:30

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed: 192442

Your side of the story: So some backstory, this was my last round after literally playing Manuel non-stop for like 6 hours. previously most of the shifts had been pretty slow and not a lot happened other than some Xenos being silly. So for my last round of the night, I readied as an assistant just to see what the round was going to look like and if there were any opportunities for some fun gimmicks. So I join in, get my assistant garb and start wandering around, see how late it was and realize I don't really want to wait for the next 40 minutes or so until things start happening just for a chance I can get involved and have some interaction, so I Suicide. I then immediately log off and go to bed, if I really wanted to antag roll I would leave my game running for mid-rounds. About the note placed the day before, there was no ahelp or any discourse between Melbert and I so I had no idea a note was even placed, if I knew it was I would have ahelped before I disconnected. This seems like a big misunderstanding that I am happy to sort out.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This seems like a big misunderstanding
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Re: Jackraxxus: big 'ole misunderstanding leading to my precsious anteg being stolen

Post by Jackraxxus » #654243

I Hate Geese wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:52 pm So for my last round of the night, I readied as an assistant just to see what the round was going to look like and if there were any opportunities for some fun gimmicks. So I join in, get my assistant garb and start wandering around, see how late it was and realize I don't really want to wait for the next 40 minutes or so until things start happening just for a chance I can get involved and have some interaction, so I Suicide.
This is my issue here. You talk about waiting 40 minutes or so for something to happen, and I get that super late at night you really don't wanna be wandering around doing nothing. As tends to happen a lot on lowpop. However, you really should not be readying up for rounds you're not willing to commit even twelve minutes to. Admins can't force you to play, but when you participate in the server-wide lottery for the FUN grief pass, you're also expected to contribute toward the round regardless of if you win, or as has happened here, you'll have your grief-lottery tickets taken away.

I Hate Geese wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:52 pm About the note placed the day before, there was no ahelp or any discourse between Melbert and I so I had no idea a note was even placed, if I knew it was I would have ahelped before I disconnected.
As of roughly this time last year, this PR was merged, which means the game SHOULD have told you about this note. I can't say with any certainty that this feature works however.

I'd like to reiterate my points: readying up on rounds you do not intend to play (Either as a non-antag, or as you claim, without anything fun happening in the first 10-15 minutes) benefits no one. You either lose the roll and suicide, wasting about 15 or so minutes of your time. Or you succeed in your roll/gimmick, an antagonist position that someone who would've been willing to contribute to the round otherwise could've rolled is lost, and your sleep schedule is probably not thanking you for it. I suppose the people whose gimmick you interact with is benefitted maybe? In edge cases where someone is doing something fun on lowpop?

I will lift this ban in like 5 minutes when I log in(And it will take another 15 minutes to lift each antag ban individually probably), as I believe that it has served its purpose. You at the very least came to the forums and argued your case, and I respect that.

The note is a different story however, I do not believe that it misrepresents the facts or that its existence is unjustifiably harsh. So it will only be updated to reflect that the ban was appealed successfully, and this thread will be linked. Please let me know if you disagree, otherwise have a good one if/when you read this.

P.S. The fact that you readied up and played, specifically MD on 192492 according to Scrubby- I'm iffier about sec cuz that's still the fight-y aspect of the game if you get that, while this ban was in effect and I was sleeping/at work with timezone differences went a long way toward clearing this up. Good on ya for that one.

EDIT:Unbanned. I should've stuck to my guns and kept it in place removing the bans one at a time is CBT. Good luck with your legitimate antagonist rolls in future king.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.