Byond Username: Cingemasterb

[Hulkamania] Cosmodeus - Discord Ban Appeal

Post by Swavementa » #659643

Discord username: Cosmodeus#5561
Commonly used names: Cosmodeus
Banning admin: Not Sure
Ban reason: Just posted an actual video of people on fire
Time ban was placed: 8:45 Central 11/13/21
Your side of the story: Posted an image of people who caught fire in a concert of which nobody was hurt or dead. Apparently this was "too graphic". Had previously posted clickbait articles and hot opinions in the political section before so this likely primed the admins to "walking on eggshells" mode. Plenty of times in the past the monk who burned himself alive AND DIED was posted, so I figured it was okay to post. I basically got "woody got wood"ed into thinking I could post it being that it really wasn't anywhere as bad as other things people had been posting and I know I was disproportionately banned by arrogant staff at the time who probably aren't even on this server anymore.
Last edited by Swavementa on Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: Discord.gg Ban Appeal - Name Here

Post by san7890 » #659649

I don’t see how you forgot who banned you seeing as you appealed it a year ago here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30247&p=619911 .

I believe Hulk has been made aware. I’ll edit your post’s title to fit the format.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Swavementa

Re: Discord.gg Ban Appeal - Name Here

Post by Swavementa » #659667

san7890 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:18 am I don’t see how you forgot who banned you seeing as you appealed it a year ago here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30247&p=619911 .

I believe Hulk has been made aware. I’ll edit your post’s title to fit the format.
Thank you fam.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] Cosmodeus - Discord Ban Appeal

Post by Hulkamania » #659740

I don't exactly have a lot of faith for this appeal when your entire argument seems to be centered around admins singling you out.

Here's my big secret as one of the more active discord moderators: I do not care who you are, nor what you've done. I literally do not remember the names of 90% of the discord users and the vast majority of them are faceless entities to me, manifesting as text upon the screen. The only time I actually check someone's history to see if they've been a bad boy in the past is when I check their warnings to decide if I'm going to ban them outright or just give them a polite talking to.

The few that stand out are either people I consider top tier posters or friends of mine. Shithead scumbags are a dime a dozen replaceable refuse which you have continued to prove to me you are. Instead of taking a modicum of responsibility for your actions you have instead stated that it twas obviously the admins who have it out for you.

Return to the recesses of my brain as another piece of trash that never was, and stay banned. (This appeal is denied)
Swavementa

Post by Swavementa » #659757

Hulkamania wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:30 pm I don't exactly have a lot of faith for this appeal when your entire argument seems to be centered around admins singling you out.

Here's my big secret as one of the more active discord moderators: I do not care who you are, nor what you've done. I literally do not remember the names of 90% of the discord users and the vast majority of them are faceless entities to me, manifesting as text upon the screen. The only time I actually check someone's history to see if they've been a bad boy in the past is when I check their warnings to decide if I'm going to ban them outright or just give them a polite talking to.

The few that stand out are either people I consider top tier posters or friends of mine. Shithead scumbags are a dime a dozen replaceable refuse which you have continued to prove to me you are. Instead of taking a modicum of responsibility for your actions you have instead stated that it twas obviously the admins who have it out for you.

Return to the recesses of my brain as another piece of trash that never was, and stay banned. (This appeal is denied)
You literally want to deny my appeal because I'm not going to beg to return to discord. I'm not doing that because it's just as important as it is you remembering people's names. I won't even pretend I couldn't just go back to discord if I wanted and be a pest but that seems to be the only people you let return to discord seeing as they can evade your ban. You should at least show some respect toward those who take the time to be genuine with you instead of removing them and leaving those who likely ban evaded numerous times unapologetically.

Does the host or anybody in charge here have any kind of index to tell rather or not their administration or moderation team is doing a good job or even serves a purpose?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #659762

Someone can delete this if it's peanut, but I don't know the easiest way to explain to you how "posting a video of people literally catching fire, which would not be allowed on Discord and could get us in trouble when we've already had issues with Discord over people posting questionable content/using slurs is going to get you banned". This isn't a matter of anyone having a vendetta against you. You did something stupid and you got banned for it. You could apologize and come back, or you can double down and not. It's completely up to you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #659774

This ban is upheld by this term.

My thoughts are that a key factor to lifting any ban is some level of confidence that the user will not repeat this behavior (or similar behaviors) again. This appeal does not furnish any confidence.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.