DevinXoptoh
Byond Username: DevinXoptoh

[Cheshify] DevinXoptoh, Ban appeal

Post by DevinXoptoh » #695718

BYOND account: DevinXoptoh
Character name: Ava Kinsley
Ban type: Permenant
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Ban Evasion, With a combined 14 permabanned roles fresh off a perma ban, chose to evade their ban by accepting the role of captain from the HOP who was handing out the spare to whoever came to line first. Would further act as a captain convincing both crew and admins that they were the captain.
Time ban was placed: 15:05 ish GMT
Round ID in which ban was placed: 210954
Your side of the story:
Firstly I would like to note that this was a medium pop shift, with the potential for there to be a large amount of antagonists. I was a lone security officer with a detective who was quite, "Im not arsed" attitude. The HOS late joined.

The round started quite normally, the hop was one of the few command staff if not the only one, who willingly gave out the captains spare ID without securing anything from the captains office or locker. With manuel being an MRP server, this is arleady a bit iffy, due to this, when the HOP announces they will be giving the spare ID out to the first "head" who arrived to the hop line, I swiftly made my way there to secure the spare ID, to which, I later secured the captains NAD, Pinpointer, spare bowman. I also took the gloves and armour at a later time.
After I secured these, an centcomm announcement was made that all the crew would receive swords. To which I was fine with both ICly and OOCly as it wouldnt really effect me due to, there being no issues so far.
Once the swords arrived, prisoners started acting up with said swords. One of the prisoners, who wasnt even round start and was TELEPORTED to perma by admins, started to break stuff. I removed the sword and placed it in the armoury. This happened a few times with other people damaging the station with the swords they were given, I think there was roughly six swords in the armoury by the time I was done? The crew who I had removed them from started to promptly riot/get out of control. I did not kill/attack any of them lethally to my memory.

While all of this was going on, I believe cheshify, the admin who banned me, was running some form of micro event where there was a fursuit dropped to the station, yes a fursuit but whatever, I was messaging centcomm back and making captain announcements during this time to kinda add to this as little as I could without causing massive interference.

After a short time I got an ahelp from chesh to which I was questioned why I was the acting captain while currently under a command staff ban, which I also disagree with but that is for another post.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not believe I was acting in bad faith by taking acting captainship during this round, I had no intention of causing any damage or stress to anyone and as far as I am aware I did not cause any to the players of the round. I did not go above and beyond to annoy anyone or break the rules.
I was not aware that taking acting captainship would count as ban evasion. I have also re read the rules in regarding to this and while I am struggling to find where it is listed that doing so is ban evasion, I can see why cheshify is annoyed with my actions and ended up perma banning me
References of good conduct: I dont know, I was recently told in an ahelp that I was handling myself quite well givin the IC circumstances
Anything else we should know: Chesh made me cry by playing a remix of firework by katy perry. If you think im a hardass, I literally cried to a remix of a song from Cyberpunk
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Cheshify] DevinXoptoh, Ban appeal

Post by Vekter » #695723

Going to note here that it's generally been considered ban evasion if you take actions in a round to circumvent a job ban. This is a somewhat uncommon ban but the consequences of evading in this manner are often the same as evading a regular ban, so Cheshify's punishment here may seem drastic, but it's in line with similar bans for similar situations.

The usual method of evading in this form is to ask the HoP to promote you to a position you shouldn't have access to, but the main issue is having the same access and performing the same job duties as a job you've been banned from, so the circumstances line up with other evasion issues.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #695724

Vekter wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:41 pm Going to note here that it's generally been considered ban evasion if you take actions in a round to circumvent a job ban. This is a somewhat uncommon ban but the consequences of evading in this manner are often the same as evading a regular ban, so Cheshify's punishment here may seem drastic, but it's in line with similar bans for similar situations.

The usual method of evading in this form is to ask the HoP to promote you to a position you shouldn't have access to, but the main issue is having the same access and performing the same job duties as a job you've been banned from, so the circumstances line up with other evasion issues.
Understood, it would be good if this was noted somewhere on the forums as I am unable to find anywhere that states this.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695725

It's really supposed to be common sense. Job bans are a personality test as they are so trivially evaded.

If we have to write "don't do jobs you're banned from" down, there's no hope for us.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
DevinXoptoh

Post by DevinXoptoh » #695726

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:55 pm It's really supposed to be common sense. Job bans are a personality test as they are so trivially evaded.

If we have to write "don't do jobs you're banned from" down, there's no hope for us.
I understand it is meant to be common sense, however the actions I took in round were not meant to be actively avoiding the command ban I have in place. I did not actively sit down and go "today I will be the acting captain" it was circumstance after circumstance, and while I did not aid myself by carrying out command announcements, I did not mean to give off the impression that I was the be all and end all captain. I attempted to hand it over to the HOS to which it was declined
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695956

The headmins will be ruling on this one directly. Myself and Misdoubtful were present in the admin channels while Cheshify was discussing this.

Chesh was advised to permaban you by Misdoubtful.

I suggested we warn you first because I knew you'd just appeal claiming ignorance, but I wasn't going to oppose the perma in any way because it was deserved. I just didn't want to deal with an appeal where you're like "I DIDN'T KNOW DOING JOBS I WAS PERMABANNED FROM WAS BAN EVASION".

But there was only ever going to be one way this appeal ended.

Truth of the matter is at the time of this perma you're permanently role banned from Engineering:
Spoiler:
Banned from Roles: Chief Engineer, engineering, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician permanently - Round #208916. As a non-antag Chief Engineer purposely delaminated the SM when the Captain attempted to demote them for refusing to calm down over two Assistants stealing their baton. The Captain and a few others were critted from the radiation and an Engineer was dusted attempting to unweld the vents they had welded in the core. I get that you were upset over the Assistants but it's not excuse to try to blow up the very thing the station relies on for power. Given your history I really want to see you improve to a point where I feel as if I can trust you in this role again before it is lifted.
And also permanently role banned from Science and Command
Spoiler:
Banned from Roles: Captain, Head of Personnel, Quartermaster, Chief Medical Officer, Research Director, Head of Security, Scientist, Roboticist, Geneticist permanently - As the RD, ran around with a health sensor tied to a maxcap. Despite this, put themselves in a situation where poor escalation lead to their bomb going off. This is a ban to hopefully help them learn to be more responsible in sensitive roles like command & science.
And also permanently banned from Cult and Revs.
Spoiler:
Banned from Roles: Cultist, Revolutionary permanently - As a cultist after being deconverted by security immediately returned to the same floor and roughly the same area of maintenance where the cult had been active, then PDA'd a former cultist to let them know they had been deconverted. Upon finding a cultist in maints did not resist and instead asked if they were "good" before being reconverted into the cult.
Your appeal doesn't highlight anything new or that we already didn't know at the time we discussed this incident in the admin channels.

Kieth, having gotten appraised of the situation, took a quick look at your history and said this is basically like a QC ban at this point, commenting that the fact you hadn't already been server perma'd was simply crazy.

So I think all three headmins are firmly in alignment here. You were either moonlighting as the Captain, or moonlighting as a Command staff member in general. You're banned from HoS, HoP, Cap, RD, CE, QM, CMO. No matter how you spin it, you should have been nowhere near any position of Command and you fucked it.

Genuinely, your history as a player is trash. Your record of decision making on tgstation is trash. You're going to have to really book your ideas up before we allow you back, because you have 4 active permabans right now from 4 different admins.

You're gonna need one heck of a vouch, because you're channelling the spirit of Sseth himself in your gameplay and that's just not cash money.

Timberpoes: Uphold. This was evasion, the player has exhausted all admin team goodwill and opportunity for second chances.
Kieth4: Uphold. His history is abysmal. The fact that he hasn't been permed is crazy.
Misdoubtful's comments from the time the ban was placed: I say ban them. Dude knows. Simple as. Its not complicated with this dudes history in ss13.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin