Appeals which have been closed.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

[DISCORD][mrmelbert] Typhnox#7258

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697144

Discord username: typhnox
Commonly used names: Alice Heart, Alice Fateburn, Imitates-The-Lizards
Banning admin: mrmelbert
Ban reason: According to the warning I was given by a bot: "Consistently causes large amounts of community drama by defending lolicon."
Time ban was placed: 8/2/2022, 2:22pm Pacific
Your side of the story: One day, Tgent007 spread a video either he or one of his friends (still not 100% sure who made it actually) made which was a malicious hit piece against me made by cherry-picking as many out-of-context quotes from me as possible in order to make it look like I was a sex pest and a pedophile, by stringing together anything I said that involved sex in basically any context together along with memes and laugh tracks. This caused a large amount of public outrage in the discord (and on the forums), which caused melbert to issue a discord ban to me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, I handled this situation poorly. I should have just shut up and let the admin team handle the situation. I want to apologize for that, I was clearly out of my league in terms of social manuevering, and should have left it to my betters.

I hope you understand that it was very difficult for me, at the time, to entrust the situation to the admin team, as I did not know the members of the team nearly as well then as I do now, so I felt compelled to respond to a lot of things being said about me, which caused a lot of drama, because, in hindsight, there is literally nothing I could have said to alleviate the situation - people were looking at it emotionally due to the subject matter, especially considering this was all brought about by a targeted hit-piece, not objectively, so it was impossible to logic my way out of the drama. I know better now, because a lot of people, once they had time to cool off from the initial emotional highs, came back to apologize to me in private about how they treated me in this whole affair. I won't name names because some people are still rabid to this day about this, but you know who you are, thank you.

I can't promise that if unbanned that I will cause zero drama. I know myself better now, and I am honest enough to state that I am a somewhat abrasive person sometimes. Someone will get pissed off at me eventually, that is literally what happened to cause this hit-piece video. However, I can promise that I will at least try to not make such controversial statements that will cause months long drama festivals, and especially regarding this drama in particular, I will not engage anyone who brings it up in the public tgstation spaces without consulting some of the admins I am friendly with to make sure my response is a good idea first. 99.999% of the time, I'm certain they will just tell me not to.

I just want to fully re-integrate into the community at large, and try my best to build back up. Believe it or not, I still hold aspirations of making Game Admin some day, for which this ban being lifted would be the necessary first step, which is why I want this ban lifted at all, because I still love this community, despite this drama. I show that love in what little ways I can - I donate to the server, I report issues to the github, I myself still play regularly. People have come back from worse to go higher. Please grant me this opportunity. It's been a year, and if you really feel the need to see more of what I've been up to, you have hundreds, if not thousands of round logs you can peek through to see if I've been good. Considering I have zero warnings (that stuck past appeal anyway) and zero bans in that entire period, it shouldn't be a stretch to say I'm not that bad. Not that my conduct on the server was ever in question, but still.

Thank you for your considerations, melbert.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Re: [DISCORD][mrmelbert] Typhnox#7258

Post by mrmelbert » #697242

We will cut to the chase, since I'm not really interested in fueling drama anymore.

From what I can tell you have played pretty consistently over the past year without any trouble, so I'm okay with lifting this, under two conditions:

- Any discussion of what incited the original incident (you know what I'm talking about) will result in you being immediately exorcised once again. We do not want ANY discussion of that nature here. We all just want to have a good time playing a nerdy space game.
- And to drive the point home, you will be disallowed from participating in pol-con. I would prefer you largely discuss Space Station 13 itself.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697245

mrmelbert wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:38 pm We will cut to the chase, since I'm not really interested in fueling drama anymore.

From what I can tell you have played pretty consistently over the past year without any trouble, so I'm okay with lifting this, under two conditions:

- Any discussion of what incited the original incident (you know what I'm talking about) will result in you being immediately exorcised once again. We do not want ANY discussion of that nature here. We all just want to have a good time playing a nerdy space game.
- And to drive the point home, you will be disallowed from participating in pol-con. I would prefer you largely discuss Space Station 13 itself.
Believe me, I have negative infinity interest in touching that particular topic with a 50 foot pole. I have had more than enough of my fill of death threats and harassment, thank you.

As for pol-con, if you're planning on giving me a role to not participate there, I only ask to have read perms, but it's not a deal-breaker for me if you decide not to allow that. I really like Sticky, so I would prefer to keep up on his arguments in there, but I understand either way. Whatever route you pick is fine.

If you're not giving me a role and just trusting me not to post in there, then uh, sure.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master

Post by mrmelbert » #697262

I won't allow read permissions, honestly I think you're better off. Sticky doesn't post very much anymore ever since they retired anyways.

I'll get that handled now.

mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master

Post by mrmelbert » #697264

By "now" I mean I literally can't set it up until you re-join the discord so ping me when that happens

Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697271

That's fine. I'm back in the server and re-verified. Pinged as requested. We can consider this appeal resolved.

Thank you melbert.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #697279

Locking this up.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you