granpawalton
Byond Username: Granpawalton

[unable to find] GranpaWalton - out of context discord meme

Post by granpawalton » #704670

BYOND account: GranpaWalton
Discord Name: GranpaWalton

Ban type: Discord Ban

Ban length: Permanent/Indeterminable

Ban reason: I posted this meme and was given this warning and was told to wait a week to appeal. The admin I wasnt able to catch the name of before I was banned but it was a maintainer
> posted an image where the only conceivable "joke" is that people were being creeps to someone posting a drawing of themselves as a child on twitter. included the term "[person] cunny". no one wants to see this.

Time ban was placed: 09/5/2023

Server you were playing on when banned: The /tg/ Discord

Your side of the story: I copy pasted the meme from another server where noone took it seriously so I thought it wouldnt be bad to post here, the image is from the game "needy streamer overload" where you act as a twitch chat moderator for a girl streamer and ban chat messages. Without that context I could see how this meme would look like im trying to be like "harassing women is funny!" when I just thought it was an edit that made the more serious messages in the game silly

Why you think you should be unbanned: I didnt have bad intentions behind what I posted and can be more careful about sensitive topics in the future
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [unable to find] GranpaWalton - out of context discord meme

Post by Vekter » #704688

Banning admin was KylerAce, they have been notified.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kylerace
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: KylerAce

Post by Kylerace » #704704

Hello, first of all I will apologize for not speaking to you first to get more context on this. It being an edited video game screenshot makes more sense, I assumed it was a weird twitter skin or clone since "Angel-chan" appeared to be a real twitter account when i looked for it. You still should not have posted it, no one wants to see references to a real or fictional underaged persons genitals. Since I believe that you didn't post it maliciously I am lifting this, be more careful.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704865

I can confirm via audit log that this ban has been lifted. However, GranpaWalton hasn't rejoined the server. I'll leave this thread open for 24 hours in case they're having issues.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704896

UNLESS I DO IT FIRST