Byond Username: Brayd

[Iansdoor] Hacks-The-Doors - Sorry :(

Post by Brayd » #716574

Ban Details
BYOND account: Brayd
Character name: Hacks-The-Doors
Ban type: Role(s)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Fanatic, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Antag-rolling with a FuriousDTB.
Time ban was placed: 2023-12-24 04:44:00
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 221034

Reasons for Appealing

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes
I understand why you'd think I'm Antag rolling given the roundstart suicide, So I don't disagree with the premise of the ban, however I do disagree with the perma aspect of the ban, could we shorten this to a week, a month, or just a few days? I'm alright with taking some time off to contemplate and stuff, I just don't want to be banned *forever*, given the fact i have almost 500 hours without any prior notes relating to antag rolling or metacomming. Also, in a previous round I did ahelp and ask if I could vc with FuriousDTB, which I got permission for, so I'd like the high priority note removed as well. Thank y'all for your understanding, and I hope this can get resolved quickly :). PS: Sorry for being somewhat rude in the original bwoink.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: [Iansdoor] Hacks-The-Doors - Sorry :(

Post by iansdoor » #716639

Howdy howdy.
We have spoked a few more times in the ahelps. I think we have come to understanding. So you brought in a new player and I noticed that you were both doing things together on the server in the joining and leaving.
What caught my attention was your detective suicide "to play with friend," this was stated in dchat by yourself.
the next round you got antag, you played the entirety.
that last round, neither of you got antag while joining, suicided off the shuttle together to go play another game together.
There is alot wrong on alot of levels on what you were teaching this guy, and we have talked about this. Metacoms, spirit of the game, and lack of interaction with folks.

So I'll unban you after lets say, 20 hours of game play hours since the note was placed. The your situation isn't worth much if the learner isn't interested to begin with. I was hoping that friend would come back and experience more and figure out a bit more. The beauty of Space station 13 is it's a really good sandbox. There isn't too much you can do about that by yourself.
Also, the note will stay, but I'll change both to be suited more to what they are now in my mind.
Let an admin know when you hit 20 hours from the last note and I'll personally come unban each role from your account.
Brayd
Byond Username: Brayd

Re: [Iansdoor] Hacks-The-Doors - Sorry :(

Post by Brayd » #716640

Sounds good, thank you for the understanding!