4yylm40

[seamir] 4yylm40 permaban for changing job

Post by 4yylm40 » #77456

[seagmir] permaban - bullshit ban

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: 4yylm40
Banning admin: seagmir
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Ban reason and length: continuing to change job back to cargo after cargo ban -- more than 1 day
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015/03/15 14:08:33
Your side of the story: ban is 2 extreme
Why you think you should be unbanned: temporary bans are ok but holy shit this is 2 extreme
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [seamir] 4yylm40 permaban for changing job

Post by Saegrimr » #77460

Temporary bans are OK for people who understand why they fucked up and change their ways.

You were jobbanned from cargo, but decided to ignore that and continue to get your job changed to cargo positions.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
4yylm40

Post by 4yylm40 » #77461

I ll change my ways then
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #77462

See the problem here is you had that chance already, and ruined it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
4yylm40

Post by 4yylm40 » #77464

can i have another chance
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #77465

Try another server for a while, come back and appeal this later.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #77512

For all intents and purposes, sidestepping your jobban via HoP is ban evasion, which is an instant perma.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #77518

Vekter wrote:For all intents and purposes, sidestepping your jobban via HoP is ban evasion, which is an instant perma.
Is it really? Most players who get a jobban that's not too harsh are probably wanna go back and start playing if they get the chance, so he took a creative approach and went to HoP. In any respect he did it within the game w/o another byond key at all, so it's more of dickery by using the HoP to bypass a jobban but at the same time legal.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #77520

The extra problem on top of that is that it was for the same Cargonia bullshit he does every round. Crates and crates of guns, raiding science for materials so he can set up his own R&D setup and autocloner in the backroom, and using his arsenal of toys for validhunting. It likely would have gone under the radar if not for that.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #77521

RG4 wrote:Is it really? Most players who get a jobban that's not too harsh are probably wanna go back and start playing if they get the chance, so he took a creative approach and went to HoP. In any respect he did it within the game w/o another byond key at all, so it's more of dickery by using the HoP to bypass a jobban but at the same time legal.
Players are banned from certain jobs because they have been problematic to a degree where they are no longer trusted with playing those jobs. This guy does not belong in Supply and the jobban was supposed to signify that. I don't know where you're getting the idea that it's at all 'legal' - He's abusing game mechanics and the lack of the HoP's knowledge about his history in the position to evade a ban.

Having dealt with 4yylm40 as both a player negotiating with him and an admin handling the sort of situations he consistently generates, I think a temporary ban from Supply is merciful, and it's a violation of trust for him to try and slip past it.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #77523

Saegrimr wrote:The extra problem on top of that is that it was for the same Cargonia bullshit he does every round. Crates and crates of guns, raiding science for materials so he can set up his own R&D setup and autocloner in the backroom, and using his arsenal of toys for validhunting. It likely would have gone under the radar if not for that.
Fair enough, being a cargonia shitler for the sake of valids is pretty fucking bad.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #78015

Talked with saegrimr, you aren't getting unbanned.

Resolved.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin