[PAS][Creationpro] areion22- Evading jobban / Captain kill

Appeals which have been closed.
Areion223

[PAS][Creationpro] areion22- Evading jobban / Captain kill

Post by Areion223 » #79390

Byond account and character name: Areion223 (Clark Brandon)
Banning admin:peoplearestrange
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Sever
Ban reason and length: Please explain on the forums why you attacked and killed the captain with a fireaxe as a non tratior? Perma
Time ban was placed (including time zone): about 2 a.m. Gmt+1
Your side of the story: I was an Atmospheric Technician so i got myself at the start of the round my gear that was the fire suit etc. Short after that I got myself the fireaxe (not planning to kill anyone). Short after that theres an atmospheric alarm so i go and check Plasma Tanks have been placed all over the hall and have been opened so i close them and try to clean the hall from the Plasma. Some Syndicate guy comes shoots me down, I´m critical not dead, people bring me to medbay into the cryo cell short after that botanist comes and takes me away butchering me down, he gets arrested i get cloned, i got braindamage i go with my gear to the cryo cells (cant use them because of the braindamage), doctor comes and tells me that its not possibel to cure it so i think then i´ll start roleplaying as a braindamaged athmos guy with a fire axe and no ID so i start playing with the fire alarms etc openly shouting out my braindamage (more or less stuff like "RED LIGHTS!!!") after that i start butchering down cows etc. (non human) after that i see people going into that eva thing... i follow them (no access so i smash the windows) after that i watch them "stealing" not sure didnt pay attention the eva suits while i was playing arround with the fire alarm. short after that the shuttle gets called so many move to the escape behind me nearly directly the singularity only getting away because of some incredible luck. At escape seeing captain, (so i shouted out senteces like "CAPTAIN WANNA PLAY!!?") since no reaction to that i break the windows of the security escape "waiting thing" and start yelling out stuff like captain play!! he ignores me... i dont really care, i start hugging him after some while he pulls out his gun and stuns me... i yell stuff like "CAPTAIN EVIL CAPTAIN DIE!" knowing and giving enouth time to him understand that i´m going to hurt him (still playing as braindamaged athmos) he still pays me no attention i grab my fire axe and giving him enouth time to see (and the others) that i am going to attack me he still ignores me i start slaughtering him (still out of reaction because he attacked me / tazed me (i´m just thinking somebody with heavy braindamage and a guy with cellurare damage is going to act to violence with violence)) the people arround more or less ignoring what happens short after i more or less finished slaughtering him down, i get tazed i´m still yelling stuff out like "captain evil he me harm" however i get stunned and beaten down into critical with lazer guns or so. Having a disconnect because its 2:20 or so (a.m.) i´m alway having that time a dc because my ip changes so i couldnt explain myself to the admin that kindly banned me... Logging about a minut later into the server getting the message YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED[...] (hope this isnt too much text but i think thats my side of the story)
Why you think you should be unbanned: I more or less reacted out of "self defense" well more or less it was a roleplay reaction as a guy with braindamage and a fireaxe (deadly combination) and i wouldnt have done it if he hadnt attacked me first well "attacked" he tazed me and i think such a tazer would actually hurt quiete much... so after all it was out of my sight a Rp reaction to the Captain that ignored me and shot me with a tazer...
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [peoplearestrange] areion223 - Killing the Captain non a

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #79516

'I'm just roleplaying! My character is so crazy!' is explicitly not a justification for murder or any other breach of the rules.

-posted under anon3 amendment-
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #79529

Rule 4.1 states:
Randomly murdering people is generally considered to be ruining someone’s fun and poor form in roleplay. If you don’t have a solid IC reason for murder, you may be removed. Trying to justify it with ‘My character is so random/insane’ is not tolerated.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #79559

Ok, so lets get into this. Thank you for coming here to explain yourself, more information is better, so thanks for the explanation you gave.

Firstly, you are only perma banned as a temporary measure as you were disconnected when I tried to question you, this is standard practice as a way to force people to explain themselves on the forum.

Secondly, as much as I am someone to encourage role-play, you did pick quite the "character" to act out. I can understand the flicking the fire alarms and stuff (thats actually kinda comical), the cow slaughter fine, but the lack of escalation, even under the guise of RP is just not acceptable.

Taking this from an RP perspective being tased would probably be something you wouldn't understand, its ranged, it wouldnt be obvious the captain had done it while you lay twitching on the floor.

From a non RP view, the Captain tased you, you gave (from what I saw) almost no time to react before slashing the hell out of him with a fire-axe (which gives almost 0 chance for him to respond with a disarm or anything to stop this due to the speed of attack and damage it does). There was also not really anyone else easily about as a lot of other crap was happening in escape and it was all fairly manic.

Simply put, he shot you once, non-lethally and you returned by slashing him to death. Now does that seem like a fair situation?
All in all what I'm saying is your reaction is not acceptable, however I also don't believe you intended to out and out grief. Though I can't really overlook the fact that you kill someone as a non-antag for very very flimsy reasons (and as far as our rules go, invalid), therefore I think a 24hour ban seems reasonable and I ask you to re-read the rules in this time. See you tomorrow.

EDIT: So we need some more information from another admin due to some new issues.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #79634

Don't resolve this yet.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #79701

Can we get any relevant info or conversation echoed here?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Re: [PAS][Creationpro] areion22- Evading jobban / Captain ki

Post by NikNakFlak » #79706

This player was caught evading a permanent jobban so were just having him appeal that as well in the same thread rather than making a new one. Alittle weird but this has been all over the place.
Areion223

Post by Areion223 » #79742

(Well then heres my appeal for my Ban evade maybe it is possibel to combinate it with the job ban itself)
Byond account and character name: Achery Issac Clank

Banning admin: Creationpro

Ban type (What are you banned from?):Well i guess Perma? not sure well i got perma banned from the head jobs and captain and that forever so its a perma job ban from those jobs, I havent received (i think) a ban for the evade itself, it came more or less to speech when i was talking to niknakflak

Ban reason and length: The reason was that i and the hos had the lasers on kill when a clown and bartender went into the ai upload without permission
Time ban was placed (including time zone):sorry no idea, too long ago gmt + 1

Your side of the story: Okay i´ll put this into two parts part A why i ban evaded and part B what happend that i got job banned;

A: So well in short it was because i wasnt botherd making a appeal (i know that doesnt sound too good) but it wasnt like instant with the job ban i stopped playing after that round (before i got the ban itself it was rather more a tick more to stop playing at all) i talked already with niknakflak, i had stopped playing and then someday noticed that i got banned / punished i thought i noticed that only 6 months later well niknakflak ment i had logged in once short after the job ban and then stopped playing for a while i dont know so however after these 6 months when i was intrested playing again i made myself a new account and started to play space station again.

B: After reading the job ban appeal and trying to remember what happend i´m trying to rehearse what was my side. So it was the start of the round, the hos and i were discussing something or so well usualstuff i think nuke disc and so on then we notice that without anybody asking us that the bartender and the clown were for our meaning sneaking into the ai upload so ofcourse out of our perspectiv they were maybe antag and tryd to upload some kind of law or something well that was my thought and we didnt immedatly start firing at them with deadly lasers i'm quiete sure that when we noticed them sayd "out!" or what are you doing here and they were ignoring us or not giving a clear answer the turrets were i think first on stun and after trying to pull them out they were still refusing to leave (we didnt cuff them so i think none of us both had handcuffs), the hos or me not sure turned them on deadly for us it looked like the bartender was the guy who planned or was the "mastermind" behind it so we didnt save him and the clown that didnt really say anything just was like pulling with him, the hos brought him to the medbay or so, cant remember anything after that but i'm quiete sure that the clown was antag so we saved the wrong dude but still there was an antag in the ai upload without permision from anyone and the bartender helping him... I guess the right think would have been to bring both to brig and hear what they got to say, but we didnt, we somehow choosed the easy way i mean they werent even intresstet in answering us what the hell they were doing.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Maybe a ban is right but i think perma from all heads is maybe too much (okay thats what i think and i thought it would be okay to murder the captain because i was braindamaged(that argument with that somebody with braindamaged wouldnt really know what hit him because it was a range weapon gave me to think)) still we did something wrong inform of killing them and then asking but they were very suspicious i mean not answering any questions from the hos and captain not following orders of getting out of the ai upload even after beeing tased and pulled out, they werent explaining themself and it looked like they were trying to upload some shit to the ai plus one of the was antag (I'm not even sure if i was captain or hos). Not even the ai sayid anything to us maybe it was just watching all the time but it could have told us that it sent them both to the ai core (which ofcourse we wouldnt have allowed) but that would have cleared the question why they are there and how the hell they came into the ai upload, i mean we only noticed it because we saw the door of the upload chamber closing.

P.s. I think you should change this form so that the questions are bolt and the answers are normal, it would be allot easier to jump between them if you have so much text.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #79908

I'm going to refrain from directly commenting on Creation's part of the ban, but simply put we normally take ban evasion very seriously. I'm not sure if the incident deserved a perma ban from a job role or not, but the fact that it was applied and you got around it just shows how little a ban means to you.

We don't apply bans to stop people having fun, we apply them to either keep the fun going for everyone else or try to show someone the error of what they are doing. If you avoid said punishment then it makes anything we give out fairly void.

Regarding my ban though I would lift that part given that its un-related, so shouldn't be a contributing factor to further stuff. Though the current "temp" perma will still remain pending a discussion. After CP has commented I think ultimately a head should make the final say, it's more complicated than originally thought.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Areion223

Post by Areion223 » #79921

You are right and i'm sorry. To be honest i didnt think it would be a big deal... After all I'm quiete new to this game and i master only the basics.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #79971

We'll get this resolved for you soon though
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #80108

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1205
The ban reqeust the original jobban was placed for. It was a perma so that you would come and explain yourself, but, apparently, it didn't have the proper effect. If you haven't already, take a thorough look through that thread. That, I don't want happening again.

Anyhow, I'm fine with the jobbans being lifted, now it's up to the other admins to decide what they think of your ban evasion.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #80125

My suggestion would be to make this a ban extend a couple more days from now, making it a essentially week ban.
But with a heft warning of, you get found ban evading again, thats it, outa here, straight to perma, do not collect your toolbox, do not pass go.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #80158

Generally evading bans will result in a permanent server ban.

As Peoplearestrange explained, ignoring existing bans ruins the whole system and we absolutely cannot take that lightly.

I'm going to say a two week server ban and a permanent ban from the positions you were previously banned for would be appropriate. Go play on some other servers, follow their rules and learn what is expected from players during your time off.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #80175

Whatever you guys find more appropriate, I will agree on.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #80810

Areion22's permaban has been replaced with a week ban.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.