Post by naelstrof » #82710

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Doge420 Rastus Chapman
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permanent CKEY/Network Ban
Ban reason and length: ban evasion of ckey naelstrof permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Really long ago, 2015-01-29 00:50:25

Your side of the story:
I really like the server. I was pretty new to the game, and I just learned how to make bombs. I didn't understand how strict rules were or how they were punished. I got pissed off at some guy that spaced me on the shuttle and blew it up as a non-antag. I wasn't really aware of the rules or punishments at the time and I get banned for 13 days.

I didn't really feel like I deserved such a punishment (but now, understanding exactly what I did to those players, I no longer feel that way). Instead of dealing with it, I just read up on the rules, vowed to never do something like that again, and just came back with an alt. Unfortunately for me my old CKEY was on there and I lied about it being mine. Thus giving me a perma ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I really have no ill intentions, and after taking a break from tgstation for a long while, I believe I can be a benefit to the server. Could I have another chance?
Last edited by naelstrof on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Doge420 - ban evasion

Post by Saegrimr » #82712

You took a break from tgstation for a while?

All i'm seeing is that you've been playing since the ban and just now got caught by an older IP ban, so you're appealing it?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
naelstrof

Post by naelstrof » #82714

You pretty much got it right. I think it's dumb to play ban chase when I really mean no harm. I want to fix this the right way.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #82715

I'm actually more ashamed of myself that i've banned you for something else since that permaban and didn't bother to look it up while I was there, I guess since the worst thing i've caught you doing is being a mememaster IC i'll lift the ban.

If you screw up in any notable fashion from here out you'll go right back to permabanned. I'd also suggest sticking to one ckey as that'll look really suspicious for anybody else looking at the database.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
naelstrof

Post by naelstrof » #82716

I appreciate it, I'll be on my best behavior.