[tedward1337] Nubsly- Accidental minibomb gibbing

Appeals which have been closed.
Nubsly

[tedward1337] Nubsly- Accidental minibomb gibbing

Post by Nubsly » #82800

Byond account and character name: Nubsly; Tyra Shanks
Banning admin: tedward1337
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length:1 Day; Tried to kill an OP with a minibomb, got someone else instead. Day ban for killing someone else who was a bystander
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 21:49:35 4/18/2015
Your side of the story: I had a minibomb from a looted nuke op and I downed living op with a looted pistol. I took out the minibomb and threw it at the downed op, but a bystander got in the way as I was throwing it and it hit him instead, summarily gibbing the wrong person after a few second delay.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The 'guy tries to suicide bomb the wizard' rule was cited in an admin PM I believe, but is this really the same? The op was in an open escape airlock so I didn't think it would harm anybody else until the other guy stepped in the way. Was this a reckless attempt to get a valid with no consideration for collateral (bombing a wizard), or an attempt at a valid with consideration for collateral where mistakes were made? I don't care much for the ban length, it's the principle of it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [tedward1337] Nubsly- Accidental minibomb gibbing

Post by Vekter » #82813

This is pretty standard. We've handed out bans like this before for failing to kill ops with explosives. Why did you feel the need to gib the op instead of just pistol whipping him?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #82857

Cause the op was me, and who doesn't want to gib me? :^)
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #82914

Yeah a nuke emergency and blob are one of the few times where the station is actively encouraged to swarm them.
Even from an RP standpoint this is "Throw yourself at gunfire and hope for the best or have yourself and any chance of being cloned vaporized."

Grabbing their bombs and tossing them around is still an awful idea. The dude is already downed, it really serves no purpose. You're going to vent the room into space and make it unusable for the rest of the crew not in hardsuits, or in this case venting escape where a lot of people are gonna need to be going once the shuttle arrives.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #83380

Well, this seems to be resolved, and am moving it.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered