[stickymayhem] sir honkington - shuttle grief mixup

Appeals which have been closed.
buttsmcgee
Byond Username: Linked Account

[stickymayhem] sir honkington - shuttle grief mixup

Post by buttsmcgee » #85206

Byond account and character name: lucide, character name was sir honkington for some reason I don't fully understand. Got transformed just before the shuttle arrived by someone asking me to join the "Union"
Banning admin: stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The whole game
Ban reason and length: 15 minutes for "shuttle griefing" in the form of allegedly throwing bananas everywhere. Exacerbated by allegedly ignoring the warning to stop.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-5-01 14:33:07 (GMT -8:00)

Your side of the story:
I never threw a single banana peel on the shuttle. The closest I did was make kebabs out of some of the bananas, which if anything actually does the opposite.
You can't make peels out of bananas if they're kebabs, so if anything my actions actually acted against slippage.
I also fed some bananas to a couple people, but they never actually turned into peels.

Dig through the logs if you gotta, but that's the truth to the best of my knowledge.
I did throw a banana peel or two on the station itself way before getting on the shuttle, but that's it. It was around botany, and only one person slipped as far as I knew.

I missed the bwoink because my screen was scrolling by so fast. I was also deaf at the time, so I didn't really feel the need to stare at the chatbox. I was also trying to focus on not slipping on all the broken glass, so the box was really the least of my concerns.
This was interpreted as ignoring the warning, but I didn't actually notice anything until I got disconnected from the ban. Sorry I missed the heads up.

I think the critical problem here is that there were at least a dozen other players named "sir honkington" for whatever reason. I am sure that one of these players was up to no good, but I had no part in it.
Sticky probably mistook me for one of them, which is an understandable mixup.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I have played spacemans intermittently since 2007, and I've long since gotten over the whole griefing thing.

This was an honest misunderstanding. I don't blame sticky for the confusion, and I'm sorry I missed the bwoink about it earlier.
By the time I post this, my ban will almost certainly be expired, but this is the sort of thing I don't really want hanging around on my record.
If someone could please clear up the misunderstanding, that would be great.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Re: [stickymayhem] sir honkington - shuttle grief mixup

Post by Jordie0608 » #85826

I've looked into this and can't find anything to indicate you were responsible for whatever happened, ban and note have been removed.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.