Byond Username: Lumbermancer

[Vekter] drone ban

Post by Lumbermancer » #89452

Byond account and character name: Schlomo Gaskin / Lumbermancer
Banning admin: Vekter
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Drones
Ban reason and length: Perma I think
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Now
Your side of the story: Nuke Ops attacked. Self-destruction was enabled. I decided to space the Nuke as a part of preventive maintenance, since it was not anchored to the ground. I have not interacted with any character in the process.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't think I had violated Drone laws, I ignored all human beings completely. I was not aware of unwritten laws saying "prevention of damage" (without interaction with characters) is not allowed.

I don't want to be unbanned, since I obviously was wrong. I just want perma ban converted to temp ban of any length. I have learned my lesson and won't do it again.
Last edited by Lumbermancer on Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] drone ban

Post by Vekter » #89453

Do you understand why spacing the nuke is a violation of your laws?
Billcyferka9 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:58 pm Bye bye asshole.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #89454

Yes, since I was pointed to wiki which neatly explains that "Please realize that upkeep is not the same as prevention.". And details it using the bomb example, which is the same situation I found myself in.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #89456

Right, that's the issue here. By moving the nuke you were interfering with the ops' plans to blow the station to kingdom come, which doesn't count as upkeep.

I'll go ahead and set the ban to a few days. The only reason I made it perma in the first place was I was trying to get the ban in before the round ended.
Billcyferka9 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:58 pm Bye bye asshole.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #89457

Thanks. I'll be a good drone from now on.